Muiríosa Foundation: Leader in Day Services - Laois Day Services
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
LEADER IN DAY SERVICES
LAOIS DAY SERVICES
FIXED TERM (APPROX. 6 MONTHS) FULL TIME
We are offering this opportunity to a person with management experience to drive forward the vision, mission and values of the Muiríosa Foundation for those we support. They will have a key role in supporting individuals to be active citizens in their local community, and promoting self-determination and self-direction for each person while overseeing the day to day operations of the Day Supports within their remit.
The person will be flexible and capable of managing competing priorities within their workload and will have a robust knowledge and understanding of New Directions.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate with individuals being supported, their families, other professionals and people important in the person's life. They will be able to demonstrate an ability to adapt their interpersonal skills within the context of the situation.
The Day Service Leader will be expected to work on their own initiative as well as being a team player supporting their colleagues; supporting, supervising and motivating the staff members reporting to them.
- Relevant recognised qualification - e.g. Nursing Qualification (RNID) Applied Social Studies in Social Care or other relevant qualification
- Recognised Management Course
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification management experience in services for people with an Intellectual Disability
- Must be highly motivated with a proven record of leading, supporting and managing staff teams
- Knowledge and experience of implementing new directions
- Experience and commitment to developing person centred and self directed supports
- Experience of working with people with a range of support needs to include behaviours of concern
- Suitability as outlined in the introduction to the role.
- Experience of working with and collaborating with families
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills
Informal enquiries: Colm Heffernan 087 981 0958
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: Wednesday 22nd September 2021
This position will be remunerated appropriate to Qualification
Candidates should note that as part of this role they will be required to travel between locations
To apply and for further details please go to our web page at
Current Vacancies Muiriosa Foundation
(Due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic interviews may be carried out using the Microsoft Teams App)
N.B. When applying for positions on Rezoomo it is recommended to use a PC, Laptop or Tablet as some mobile phones are not compatible with this software.