Acquired Brain Injury Ireland: Local Service Managers
Do you want to make a real difference through your work?
Join our team at ABI Ireland, be fulfilled, and reach your full potential…
We are currently recruiting for multiple Local Service Manager's based in our Cork/Kerry services. We currently have two roles on offer:
- Local Service Manager - Cork/Kerry Residential Services (Permanent, Full-Time, 39 hrs)
- Local Service Manager - Cork/Kerry Community Services (Permanent, Part-Time, 19.5 hrs)
As a Local Service Manager, you will support and assist people with an acquired brain injury on every aspect of activities of daily living to live valued lives of optimal independence and participation in activities within the residential rehabilitation centre and/or in the community. This is a staff leadership role, supporting and supervising Team Leaders and Rehabilitation Assistants and maintaining strong working relationships within the team. In addition, the LSM will support the National Service Manager in developing Acquired Brain Injury Ireland services throughout their region. The role may also involve case managing the client group within the catchement area.
- A relevant 3rd level qualification in the Health and Social Care sector.
- A management/leadership qualification/training or willingness to undertake same on commencement of the role is essential.
- Full driving licence.
- At least 4 years post graduate experience in a relevant health or social care setting.
- Previous work experience in a health or social care area in either residential or community rehabilitation.
- A minimum of 3 years people management experience is required.
- Previous experience of leading, managing and developing teams.
- Experience in the provisions of rehabilitation, the development of care/rehabilitation plans, verbal, written, report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate goof attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making and a hands on approach when required.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and deliver on realistic agreed service goals.
- Budgement management experience.
- Experience of planning, developing, delievery and forecasting.
- IT skills that include Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- An ability to manage conflict and problem solving.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills. Must be able to write and speak English to a high standard.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Show leadership and be open to change.
- Previous experience in teh are of acquired brain injury desirable though not essential.
- be experienced in the provision of neuro-rehabilitation services which places persons served at the heart of the organisation, proactively ensuring a seamless service between the various disciplines in order to maximise the quality of life potential for each persons served.
- Management of a 24/7 residential or community service desirable.
- Knolwedge of the systems of care and services available in the disability sector in Ireland.
Starting Salary: Grade VII as per 2017 HSE payscale
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
For a full job description: Click Here
Informal enquiries can be made to: email@example.com
Closing date: 27/09/21 at 5 pm
Interviews will be held shortly after closing date.