From Grassroots to Government: Programme Development Officer
From Grassroots to Government is a pilot initiative supported by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Reconciliation Fund 2021. The programme is now recruiting for a:
Programme Development Officer – Fixed Term Contract (2 days per week)
Longford Women’s Link (lead partner) in partnership with the Northern Ireland Rural Women’s Network (NIRWN) will implement this collaborative project.
The Programme Development Officer will be responsible for coordinating the rollout of this one-year programme.
The main objectives of the programme are:
- To engage with women at grassroots level in rural communities in amplifying their voices on issues impacting or with the potential to impact themselves and their families.
- To support the development of a keen understanding of pertinent political issues among women from grassroots organisations.
- To create a community of women equipped to contribute to and support dialogue relating to our shared future on this island.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The establishment of two regional groupings and delivery of a needs-based modular programme incorporating civic participation, advocacy and public speaking. The programme will be delivered using a blended learning methodology.
- Planning and organising of all programme meetings and events.
- Securing and sustaining the engagement of both internal and external stakeholders to deliver the project objectives.
- Engage with prospective programme participants across the island of Ireland in order to deliver the project objectives.
- Ensuring effective and efficient delivery of project administrative outputs.
- Developing progress reports and updates as requested.
- Analysis of survey data and evaluations.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as deemed by the Programme
- At least three years’ experience of programme delivery. This will include planning and organising meetings, events and supporting project objectives.
- Demonstrable experience of collaboratively working with a variety of stakeholders such as voluntary organisations in a rural setting.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours when required in order to meet the requirements of the role.
- Applicants must hold a Full Driving Licence with access to a vehicle.
- An understanding of the issues and barriers facing women who wish to engage in civil society structures.
- A third level qualification.
- Previous experience in supporting democracy, peace building or local community work.
- Experience of working on public-funded projects.
Place of Work
The successful candidate will be employed by Longford Women’s Link. However the post is based remotely with considerable flexibility. There will be a certain amount of in-person meetings but the majority of the programme will be delivered online. We welcome applications from candidates across the island of Ireland.
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV together with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the post to email@example.com CEO, Longford Women’s Link.
Closing date and time for receipt of applications is Thursday September 30th at 5pm
From Grassroots to Government provides a dedicated space for women from grassroots organisations and communities, especially in rural areas, to amplify their voices and perspectives and support them in engaging as civic society representatives in a post-Brexit landscape. The programme responds to an identified need for women’s voices to be present in decision-making spaces together with a need for women to be supported to be part of meaningful consultation and advocacy processes in relation to civic society engagement on issues that impact women, their families and the wider community.
This project is funded until September 2022