Ballymun Youth Action Project: Addiction Trainer - Urrús
Ballymun Youth Action Project CLG
Urrús was established in 1996 by the Ballymun Youth Action Project with the specific brief of providing education and training in relation to substance use. Urrús is registered with QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland) and a centre where people and organisations can access a range of training options in order to increase their effectiveness and participation in the area of responses to substance use. Urrús provides introductory level training and education courses in the area of substance use and addiction along with courses represented on the National Framework of Qualifications at levels 5, 6, 7 and 9. Urrús also conducts research on issues that concern drug and alcohol use and the local community.
We are currently inviting applications for the following position.
Addiction Trainer - Urrús. Ref: AT21.
Full Time Position – Fixed Term.
We are looking for individuals with enthusiasm, commitment, and initiative. The successful candidate will have the following:
- Capacity to engage with individuals, groups and communities who are experiencing difficulties with drug or alcohol use.
- Capacity to work from the principles and ethos of community development, adult education and group work.
- Capacity to engage with a range of community and education/training networks, and education partners.
- Capacity to work with the Urrús team in the delivery of a range of education and training initiatives and programmes offered by the Project.
- Capacity to support the development and maintenance of education and training that is accessible, needs based and responsive.
- Capacity to undertake education and training needs assessments.
- Capacity to plan and initiate a range of substance use focused education and training courses.
- Capacity to deliver a range of evidenced based interventions (e.g. MI, CRA, SAOR).
- Capacity to design and collate evaluation surveys.
- Capacity to monitor and evaluate training.
- Capacity to provide educational supports to learners and students.
- Capacity to adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, and to the policies and procedures of the Project.
- Capacity to build positive working relationships with all relevant local and national agencies and to represent Urrus on working groups.
- Capacity to work as part of a team and be accountable to the Training Centre Co-ordinator.
- Capacity to maintain a high standard of professionalism at all times and to avail of the relevant supervision and support structures.
- Minimum standard of education at Level 8 Degree in a related discipline such as education, psychology, social science, addiction studies, community work/development, social work.
- Understanding of community substance use issues.
- Capacity/experience of working in a variety of educational settings including community, further education and higher education settings.
- Ability to work flexibly and creatively.
Additional Desirable requirements:
- Understanding and knowledge of addiction/substance use, if not covered in primary qualification.
- Training and accreditation in evidenced based interventions.
The salary is aligned with the HSE Basic Social Worker Scale.
The position is based in Urrús, the Ballymun Youth Action Project, with some work offsite.
Applicants must complete an Application Form [Attached] accompanied by a cover letter.
Send Completed Application Form and Cover letter in hard copy, or by email, to:
Ballymun Youth Action Project
If submitting Application by email please ensure required signatures are also provided. Please note that applications that are incomplete, or that do not meet the minimum requirements, will not be considered.
Applications should arrive no later than 5.00 p.m. on Friday 1st October 2021.
Ballymun Youth Action Project CLG., is an equal opportunities employer
Short listing for interview may apply.