Ballymun Job Centre: Accounts Supervisor (Part-Time)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
The Ballymun Job Centre is currently recruiting for the following position: Part time Accounts Supervisor
The Ballymun Job Centre is a community-based organisation providing a range of employment services and innovative projects on behalf of Government Departments and the EU Commission.
The role of the Accounts Supervisor is to provide an effective financial system for the organisation and to assist the Manager to efficiently manage the finances.
- To assist the Manager to efficiently manage the day to day finances of the BJC
- Monitor finances in order to assist in completing monthly and quarterly budgets, income and expenditure
- Budget, income and expenditure reports are produced as required
- Financial reports and claims are produced as required for funding agencies and claims are submitted accurately in line with deadlines.
- Follow up with funders on money due to the BJC to ensure that payments are made
- Provide advice to the Manager regarding expenditure relative to budgets
- The financial systems are prepared for the annual audit
- Ongoing review of expenditure areas is undertaken and make recommendations for change as required
- Follow financial procedures and make recommendations as needed in order to adapt or change the procedures.
- Work with the Manager and Innovation Manager to prepare budgets for EU applications
- Monitor the financial management system put in place for each EU Programmes or projects.
- Work with, EU and other project’s staff and partners to ensure expenditure is in line with budgets and reports are produced on time.
- Support the accounts staff in their roles ensuring an effective financial system is kept at all times.
- A relevant Accounts technician or a 3rd level qualification is required.
- Experience working with Sage 50 and Sage payroll professional is essential.
- Experience working with Tas Books an advantage.
- Experience in audit preparations is essential.
- Previous experience in a supervisory/team leader role is essential
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with MS Excel is essential
The person should possess the following skills and attributes:
The ideal candidate should have previous experience of working in a similar role. They should have excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills and a proactive, positive attitude towards work. They should be a good team player with enthusiasm, drive, friendliness and approachability. They must have experience supporting a team and have the ability to consistently meet deadlines as well as strong attention to detail and accuracy. A self-starter, comfortable working without significant direction.
An understanding and/or experience of working within the Community & Voluntary sector and on European Project accounts would be a distinct advantage.
Terms of Employment - This contract will be initially offered as a one-year fixed term contract and will be a 25-hour working week over 5 days. A starting salary in the region of €40,227 to €45,195 (pro rata) per annum is on offer.
Following shortlisting, successful candidates will be invited to attend for interview. Garda Vetting will be required on appointment in line with BJC policy.
To apply - Please forward a letter of application with CV by 5:00pm on Wednesday 22nd September 2021 to:
Sandra Roche, HR Manager, Ballymun Job Centre, Ground Floor Civic Centre, Main Street Ballymun, Dublin 9 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ballymun Job Centre is an equal opportunities employer.