Northside Family Resource Centre: Family Support Worker
Northside Family Resource Centre since its establishment in 1987 has sought to respond to the needs of the local community by providing:
- structures which facilitate local people to support each other and search for ways to improve the quality of life in the area
- services in answer to the needs of families and family members
- support for those most disadvantaged and socially excluded.
We are exciting to announce we are growing and seeking applications for the role of
Family Support Worker (Full-Time, 35 Hours)
Some of the Key Areas of Work include:
- Working with local parents/guardians in a variety of ways, including group work, individual key-working, online, and location-based work as well as outreach work (in the home).
- Providing a one-to-one, non-judgemental, confidential support to parents in line with the centre’s work-plan.
- Plan, implement and review programmes for parents based on an assessment of their individual and group needs.
- Recognise signs of physical, sexual and emotional abuse, neglect and any concerns regarding the welfare of children. To record concerns promptly and accurately. To consult with the Designated Liaison Person and take appropriate action in accordance with Northside Family Resource Centre Child Protection Policy.
- Encourage families to engage in services provided by other local groups and external agencies and advocate on their behalf.
- To work in partnership with other services within Northside FRC to best meet the needs of children and families.
- Take an active role in the promotion and delivery of Meitheal for children and families in the catchment area.
Full Job Description and Application Form can be found on our website at www.northsidefrc.ie/vacancies.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please DO NOT send your CV. Application forms and explanatory notes can be found at www.northsidefrc.ie/vacancies. Only completed application forms will be accepted for shortlisting. Forward your completed application through Hirelocker on our vacancies pages.
The closing date for this campaign is 4 pm on Friday 1st October 2021.
All informal enquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
Northside Family Resource Centre is an Equal Opportunities employer.