Crosscare: Family Support Worker (Part-Time) – Ballymun & Swords
Position Title: Family Support Worker – Ballymun and Swords
Programme: Garda Youth Diversion Projects – Ballymun and Swords
Location: Swords Youth Service, Rear Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Work Schedule: Part-time, 20 hours per week.
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: €16,075.73 (Band D: 30,142 – 42,375 (FTE))
Reports to: Family Support Team Leader.
To work intensively with a caseload of families who have family members engaging with GYDP’s in the Swords and Ballymun areas of Dublin North.
- Engage with GYDP participants families depending on the level of need and intensity of intervention required.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders who will identify particular families who will benefit most from the support of a Family Support Worker.
- Carry out needs based interventions which promote pro-social behavior and support the parents and young people involved to make positive life choices.
- Roll out evidence based parenting programmes relevant to the needs of families, e.g. Parents Plus; Strengthening Families; etc.
- Deliver issue based group and support sessions.
- Carry out home visits.
- Family Support Worker and Youth Justice Workers to meet regularly to discuss issues arising and explore or be familiarized with the responses/wrap around services being delivered to all family members.
- Assessment and development of case plan with the family in relation to the level and nature of support required.
- Producing bi monthly reports on project activity.
- Attending regular supervision/meetings with line manager.
- Sourcing and/or provision of courses and individual work to parents to develop their parenting and personal skills.
- Reporting child safeguarding concerns in line with Crosscare’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Health & Safety and Welfare at Work Act (1989) and other relevant legislation.
- Any other duties as directed by the line management.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in line with policy.
- A recognised relevant third level qualification (NFQ: Level 7 or above) in Youth Work or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years experience.
- A proven record of working with young people and their families.
- An understanding/knowledge of GYDP’s and how they work.
- Some experience in training and/or facilitation is desirable.
- A working knowledge of computers.
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills are essential for this post
- A full driver’s license and access to own car is essential.
Applicants should email their Cover letter and CV showing how they meet the selection criteria to email@example.com. Subject line: Family Support Worker Swords/Ballymun.
Closing date for applications will be 5pm Friday, 6th August 2021.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role