Personal Assistant (PA) required to assist young male
Personal Assistant (PA) required to assist young male wheelchair user with an intellectual disability in all aspects of daily living to live a full life and have independence from his family.
About the Role
- 30 hours per week. Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays (Maynooth/Straffan area)
- Personal care
- Support with meals, physical exercise and driving the client to his day service a couple of days a week.
- Light general household duties.
About the Client
- He is a full time wheelchair user.
- He enjoys the cinema, swimming, bowling, playing ball and playstation/wii.
- He loves cars and music.
- He likes meeting up with his family and friends and socialising.
- To be physically fit, calm, patient and caring.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Be a kind and compassionate person with a good sense of humour.
- A mature and responsible attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- To be fluent in English.
- To be a non-smoker
- Have a full clean Irish driving licence and be over 25 years for car insurance.
- FETAC Level 5 in Social Care or equivalent experience.
- Manual handling qualification essential.
- Garda vetting required.
Rate of pay will be discussed at interview stage.
Please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
22nd Jul, 2021
22nd Sep, 2021
Source URL: https://www.activelink.ie/vacancies/community/83487-personal-assistant-pa-required-to-assist-young-male