Rehab Group: Care Worker - Rapla Rise Residential Service
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Rapla Rise Residential Service,
Nenagh, County Tipperary
Permanent Contract, 35 hours
To facilitate a service user focused service to adults with varying disabilities that include Autism, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy and Downs Syndrome
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care, or equivalent
- Training in responses to behavior that challenges and medication management
- Work Experience not essential but would be a distinct advantage
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Autism, Intellectual, Disability, Epilepsy and Downs Syndrome
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources
- Full Clean Drivers Licence is essential
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description and to apply please click here: https://workforus.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1682
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd August 2021.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer