Depaul: Receptionist - Across Dublin Services
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Across Dublin Services
Full time / Part time – 3 posts available
Salary €23,753 per annum, pro rata
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to one of our Dublin services. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of homeless services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report to the Local Management Team and will be responsible for providing administrative support to all the staff at the service. The ideal candidate for this post will be a good communicator, show an ability to be flexible, use their initiative and apply sound decision making skills. A willingness to work as part of a wider team is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of talented individuals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To be an integral part of the team in the service, in offering support and care to homeless.
PRINCPLE DUTIES - SERVICE DELIVERY
- To work as part of the team in the service, ensuring service users are treated with respect at all times.
- Relay messages for service users and staff
- Manage the intercom/fob system
- Ensure all staff, service users and visitors are made to feel welcome
- Ensure all visitors & staff sign the appropriate Sign In/Sign Out book on arrival and when departing
- Take delivery of post and distribute post to Service Users and staff, ensuring all outgoing post is posted each day etc.
- Deal with all enquiries at the desk in a cordial and professional manner.
- Take in service Charge from Service Users, as required, and link with staff, when service users arrive without due payments (as per the local Service Charge Management Procedure)
- Keep the reception area in order.
- Maintain the Notice boards in the reception area, ensuring notices are up-to-date and accurate.
- Any other duties relating to managing the Reception
- Carry out a range of routine clerical activities such as sending out routine replies, photocopying, fax dissemination, typing letters, reports and minutes of meetings and other such duties, when requested by the management
- Provide full administration support to management team
- Support the managers in ensuring all shifts in the rota are covered
- Oversee the Stationery and Cleaning Products orders and support the management in Invoice Management.
- Manage service charge records and highlight to management discrepancies and when service users are falling into arrears.
- Ensure that all administrative duties are carried out in accordance with the required timelines.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the Service in accordance with the Depaul's Health and Safety policy.
- Record and report all health and safety and security issues, as appropriate to the role.
- Adhere fully and cooperate with project staff in the management of any emergency situations, when they arise.
- Work as a member of the team in the best interests of the Service Users
- Participate fully in Depaul’s and local consultation processes
- Be flexible in regard to working work hours (in agreement and after negotiation with the management), for the benefit of the service.
- In conjunction with the management, to continuously develop the role to ensure all tasks are undertaken in a manner which meets the strategic aims and objectives of Depaul.
- To participate in internal/external meetings as required, and attend training events, conferences and other functions as necessary.
- To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal, and help in identifying your own job-related development and training needs.
- To ensure that all Depaul policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health and Safety, Code of Practice and Confidentiality.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of Depaul’s Equal Opportunities Policy as it affects both Depaul and its work with service users.
- To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of Depaul.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required which are commensurate with the role in consultation with the manager.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
Proficient use of IT required in role, including email in a professional capacity
- 1 years’ experience using MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point and MS – ESSENTIAL
- Experience setting up and maintaining both manual and computerised filing systems.
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail.
- An understanding of the current issues facing homeless people
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply though our online application process on the vacancies page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for all applications: 3rd August 2021 at 9am.