Depaul: Relief Worker - Across all Dublin Services
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Across all Dublin Services
“As and When Required” basis - required to be available to cover shifts across a 24/7 rota (includes waking night shifts)
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s central services team in Dublin. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to the Local Management Team and will be responsible for providing an efficient and high quality service at any one of our projects working alongside a fully trained staff team to provide supported accommodation, food and shelter to residents. Because of the transient nature of the role, relief workers will be required to think on their feet and to adapt to new situations quickly. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of talented individuals.
2. Key Areas of Responsibility
- To ensure that the practical needs of the service users are met (in conjunction with ancillary staff and volunteers); i.e. providing food, laundry, clean bedding, etc.
- To ensure a safe and secure environment and to maintain high standards within the service.
- To work with all service users and to win their trust and respect and to deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner.
- To carry out the relevant duties on specific rotas
- While on shift, to work with other members of the staff team, to make decisions consistent with the project team.
- To take an active role in the shift handover
- To maintain all records of work necessary for the smooth running of the service.
- To ensure that all Depaul Ireland policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health and Safety, Code of Practice and Confidentiality.
- To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of Depaul.
- To respond effectively to service user needs and to ensure that the safety, welfare and well-being of service users are protected throughout your shift, especially at night.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements
- Have at least 1 years’ experience working in the homelessness field or another suitably related area, desirably in a residential setting.
- Have a good standard of education. A Manual handling qualification would be desirable.
- Have an understanding of harm reduction and low threshold working
- Understand why people become homeless and the issues they present with, and what supports can be offered in services to service users with complex needs
- Understanding of risk management principles.
- Capable of responding calmly in a crisis and use your own initiative to deal with incidents as they arise
- Be able to work as part of a team understanding the importance of team communication
- Have an understanding of Health and Safety and the health and safety requirements within a residential setting working with homeless people.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the vision, mission and values of Depaul.
Proficient use of IT required in role, including email in a professional capacity.
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply though our online application process on the vacancies page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for all applications: 3rd August 2021 at 9am.