The Bluestack Special Needs Foundation: Manager (Community Services Programme)
Manager (Community Services Programme)
Job Title: Manager (Community Services Programme)
Location: The Bluestack Special Needs Foundation CLG, The Glebe, Donegal Town
Contract Duration: Fixed Term
Employer: The Bluestack Special Needs Foundation CLG
Reporting to: Chef Executive Officer
About ‘The Bluestack Special Needs Foundation’
The Bluestack Special Needs Foundation CLG is a voluntary organisation run predominantly by parents of children with special needs and professionals who work in the disability sector. Set up by the Bluestack Challenge committee in 2002, the Bluestack Special Needs Foundation has as its core aim to “Enhance the Lives of People with Additional Needs”.
At the Bluestack foundation we work with families who have dependants with physical, sensory and intellectual, and mental health disabilities, regardless of whether the disability results in profound, moderate or mild additional needs. We also work with families who are pre-diagnosis but engaged in the assessment of needs process.
In 2006 the Bluestack Special Needs Foundation established services to provide direct supports to people with disabilities themselves and direct supports to their families and carers. The Foundation fundamentally offers practical advice, emotional support and a range of programmes and services such as: Low Cost Counselling,’ a ‘Teen Youth Club,’ Saturday club,’ an annual Summer Camp and we organise Play Therapy Supports.
We provide families with information, sign-posting and advice services, an annual summer camp, organise play therapy supports and coordinate a ‘Parent Support Network.’ The Foundation building is a multi-purpose community facility based at ‘The Glebe in Donegal Town,’ and we operate an open- door policy.
The Bluestack Special Needs Foundation are embarking on a new project with three main aims:
- Operate a fully functioning Café employing young vulnerable adults under Social Enterprise Principles
- Support young adults through commercial training in the hospitality sector and work experience placements.
- Develop Disability Awareness training packages for delivery to local business and community organisations
- Support and maintain existing service offerings at the Bluestack Special Needs Foundation
Community Services Programme Manager
The committee of ‘The Bluestack Special Needs Foundation CLG’ is committed to the ongoing development of services in support of people with disabilities, their families and their carers. We are currently seeking a suitably qualified candidate for the role of ‘Community Services Programme Manager,’ to support our ongoing development plans.
The committee has secured funding from the Department of Rural and Community Development, administered by Pobal, to support the implementation of a new Business Plan in support of the ongoing development of the facility and disability support services during the period 2019-2021.
The position currently being advertised is funded under the ‘Community Services Programme.’
Purpose of the Job - including key tasks and areas of responsibility
Reporting to the ‘Chef Executive Officer’, this person appointed to this role will have the responsibility for the management and development of the ‘Income Generating’ potential of our facility which operates to a social enterprise service model.
The duties involved will include but will not be limited to:
- Managing the provision of community supports services facility on a day-to-day basis and coordinating an annual work programme.
- Managing a team of staff and volunteers to provide community support services for people with disabilities and their families.
- Developing a range of new services, activities and events at the centre to include the operation of a new activity and training unit.
- Generate revenue through the coordination of events, training programmes and through the operation of a social café unit.
- Applying for and securing grant funding for training and work experience programmes in support of people with disabilities and their families.
- Linking in with local businesses to provide work experience opportunities for adults with disabilities.
- Reporting performance achievements in line with agreed targets.
- Working with the Finance and Administration section to account for all income, expenditure and to collate returns for funders.
- Developing new working partnerships across the statutory, community and voluntary sectors and liaising with funders.
- Other duties in support of the effective operation and development of the facility as requested by the Board of Directors.
- A minimum of three years previous management experience in the development of a range of community services for people with disabilities.
- Experience of managing a team of staff and volunteers.
- Financial management and reporting expertise.
- Access to own transport for business use.
- A commitment to the development of support services for people with disabilities, their families and carers.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of best-practice approaches to Social Enterprise development.
- Knowledge of the issues which impact the lives of people with disabilities and create the conditions for social exclusion.
- Familiarity of working in a hospitality / training / disability -based organisation
- A flexible approach to work hours and availability to include evening and weekend work.
Please note that the committee reserves the right to enhance any of the role requirements as part of the shortlisting process.
Conditions of employment
The conditions of employment which apply to this post will be in accordance with the guidelines in issuance for the operation of the Community Service Programme (CSP). Please note that this position is subject to funding and that those guidelines may be subject to change.
Salary: €32,000 (per annum pro-rata)
Hours: 39 Hours Per-week (per CSP programme guidelines)
Probation: A 6 month minimum probation period will apply
Location/base: The Bluestack Special Needs Foundation, The Glebe, Donegal Town
Contract Duration: Fixed Term
To December 2021 initially with extension subject to funding.
Shortlisting followed by structured interviews.
Application Process & Deadline
To apply for this role submit a CV and Covering letter outlining how you believe you meet the requirements of the role.
Application deadline Friday 7th August 2021 at 4:00pm
Apply by email to email@example.com
“This project is supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Pobal through the Community Services Programme”.