Support Worker required to assist a young woman to live an Independent Life
- Part time Position
- 10 – 15 hours per week
- Stradbally Area Co. Laois
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated support worker to support a young woman with an intellectual disability both in her home and in the community, to attend different social events and activities. An excellent opportunity to support her to lead an independent life that is suited to her needs and opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for providing direct support, facilitating positive environments, developing and maintaining effective communication with the family and relevant others. You will assist the young woman in achieving her potential by listening, guiding and providing practical and emotional support.
- To establish a positive and supportive relationship with the individual.
- To promote the wellbeing, development and inclusion of the person within the community and the wider locality.
- To ensure and promote good communication among all supporting the person
- Assistance with daily activities within the home and in the community
Qualities and requirements
- Social Care or Health Care Background
- Knowledge and experience of working with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with the ability to adapt to new environments and build relationships.
- Experience of working with families
- Ability to be flexible and use own initiative.
- An understanding of the Independent Living movement
- Enthusiastic and reliable
- Ability to follow instruction
- Full, clean driving license.
- Garda vetting is part of the recruitment process and must complete all training as required
Competitive Rates of pay depending on experience. For more information or to apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org