St. Catherine’s Association: Staff Nurse
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Newcastle, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
We have an exciting opportunity for a
Salary: As per the HSE Consolidated Pay Scales
To join our Respite/Residential team providing quality person centered care
Interested in working with individuals with an intellectual disability and/or Autism. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You are a committed team player with a proven ability to work effectively as part of an MDT team. You are familiar with best practices in Nursing and apply these consistently in your work.
St Catherine’s Association is a non-profit organisation and registered charity funded by the HSE that provides care to individuals with intellectual and other disabilities. We aim to provide a holistic service from birth to adulthood including Early Services, Residential and Respite care, Adult Day Services and a wide range of Clinical Services. The successful candidate will work as a member of the multidisciplinary team and enjoy a high level of professional support.
- Deliver nursing care based on the assessed needs of the individual and develop agreed care plans.
- Promote health and wellbeing in the individuals we support.
- Monitor the health and wellbeing of the individual using nursing assessment tools where appropriate.
- Provide evidence based Nursing Care.
- Assist in the development of Individual Programmes of personal and social development for each individual so as to ensure the highest quality and effective service .
- Liaise with the families and other agencies involved in the individual’s care, as appropriate.
- Registration with NMBI
- Either RNID,RGN or RCN qualification.
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development
- An interest in working with individuals who have Intellectual Disabilities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Full flexibility and reliability
- Full driving license and willing to drive company vehicles.
- Knowledge and previous experience in Clinical Care areas such as Enteral Feeding, Medication Management and Epilepsy Management
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities and medical needs
- Knowledge of HIQA
We support our team members to grow and develop in their careers, offering many opportunities for professional development as part of this exciting and varied role.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call Aisling O’ Leary on 085 8701164 for details.
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 30th July 2021