Support Workers wanted to assist a young man to live an Independent life
Hours: Part time positions available
Location: Area Dublin 7
Salary: Based on experience
Do you have a passion for sports especially football and other keep fit activities? A young man aged 18 is looking for Support Workers to support him in his day to day activities. We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated people to support him in his home, in his community, to attend different social events and activities. An excellent opportunity to support him to lead an independent life that is suited to his needs and opportunities Knowledge and experience of working with individuals moderate learning Experience in vocational skills, training / mentoring / coaching an advantage.
A young man aged 18 is looking for Support Workers to support him in his day to day activities.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated people to support him in his home, in his community, to attend different social events and activities. An excellent opportunity to support him to lead an independent life that is suited to his needs and opportunities
There are great prospects for further training and development within this role.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- You will be responsible for providing direct support, facilitating positive environments, developing and maintaining effective communication with the family and relevant others. You will assist the young man in achieving his potential by listening, guiding and providing practical and emotional support.
- To establish a positive and supportive relationship with the individual.
- To promote the wellbeing, development and inclusion of the person within the community and the wider locality.
- To ensure and promote good communication among all supporting the person
Qualities and Requirements
- Knowledge and experience of working with individuals on the autism spectrum and/or vocational skills, training/mentoring/coaching
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with the ability to adapt to new environments and build relationships.
- Ability to be flexible and use own initiative.
- An understanding of disability and the Independent Living movement
- Enthusiastic and reliable
- Ability to follow instruction
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required
- Full, clean driving license.
- Garda vetting is part of the recruitment process and must complete all training as required
- Experience of working with families.
- Garda Vetting must be completed.
- References must be provided.
- If interested, please email jacinta fortune firstname.lastname@example.org CV to and copies of any certification and to references. Ref DF1972021
- Job Description available on request to jacinta fortune email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications Friday August 6th at 1pm
Interview envisaged there after