Family Carers Ireland: Carer Supports Manager, Kildare / Wicklow
Carer Supports Manager, Kildare/Wicklow
(Open to Public Competition)
Family Carers Ireland (FCI) is the national charity supporting over 500,000 family carers across the country who dedicate their lives to caring for loved ones such as children or adults with physical or intellectual disabilities, frail older people, those with palliative care needs or those living with chronic illnesses or addiction. We provide a range of services and supports for family carers through its 22 resource centres nationwide.
Family Carers Ireland are seeking a dynamic candidate to fill the role of Carer Supports Manager for Kildare/Wicklow. The Carer Supports Manager (CSM) will provide support to family carers through and beyond their care journey through the delivery of high quality, appropriate, targeted supports based on the identified needs of family carers using the Carers Outcome Star™ framework.
The CSM’s core responsibilities will be to deliver individualised supports for family carers, facilitate carers clinics, provide opportunities for family carers to connect through support groups, social activities and community forums, deliver education and training programmes and engage in community development activities that complement the work of Family Carers Ireland. The role also includes the day to day management of the local centre and fundraising.
The successful candidate should possess the following essential Criteria.
- QQI Level 7 qualification or higher in the area of Social Care/Community Development/ Psychology/Train the Trainer/Guidance /Counselling/Education;
- Previous experience providing support to families in a community-based setting;
- Excellent IT skills- mainly MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, CRMs, Finance and HR reporting systems etc, and experience using virtual technologies such as 3CX, Zoom, Teams etc.
- Full drivers’ licence, with access to car.
- Knowledge of challenges facing family carers and the services and supports offered formally and informally within the community services sector;
- At least two years’ experience working with and advocating on behalf of family carers and/or working within an information provision service;
- Experience using Outcome Star or other assessment methodologies and entering the data in a CRM system;
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills, with experience delivering education / training;
- Strong management skills including supervision of staff and volunteers, budget management;
- Experience engaging in fundraising;
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively within a team;
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to establish rapport with a diverse range of people; and
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and work with clients in distress.
Terms & Conditions: Fixed term contract until June 30th, 2022 (37hrs/week – Monday - Friday with flexibility for evening/weekend work if necessary). The role will initially be based from home as per Covid-19 guidelines. Once it is allowable, the successful candidate will be based at one of Family Carers Ireland locations in this area. The salary for this role is €35,000 with an annual leave entitlement of 26 days per year.
Application Process - Applicants are invited to submit their up-to date CV and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the above criteria to email@example.com no later than Friday, August 6th 2021.
Family Carers Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer