Enable Ireland Dublin Adult Services: Support Worker
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker based at our Enable Ireland Dublin Adult Services in Dun Laoghaire and Sandyford.
The role of Support Worker will be to facilitate the person with a disability in all aspects of daily living, including assisting with personal care needs, mobility, accessing the Enable Ireland day services or other services in their community, support in an educational setting, and also support with personal therapy programmes. The role of the Support Worker is tailored to the requirements of each individual service user and as such will vary from person to person.
This is a full time, fixed term contract for 12 months working 39 hours per week.
Part time hours will be considered to a minimum of 0.5 WTE.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities
- To facilitate the service user to undertake their training, education or social activities.
- To assist the service user to achieve their personal goals as outlined in their programme of care/person centred plan.
- To assist with all personal care and intimate needs including toileting and intimate care needs, bathing, dressing and undressing.
- To assist the service users with their postural management requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum qualification FETAC Level 5 Certificate in Social Care, or relevant heath related area.
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
- Experience providing personal care to adults.
- Clean class B driver’s licence.
- Experience working with adults in a social/leisure setting.
- Experience of working in community/non-centred based setting.
- Basic IT skills.
- Clean class D driver’s licence.
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organisation and have the relevant experience/skills required for the role.
To apply, please download the job description, person specification and application form from https://www.enableireland.ie/about-us/careers/our-vacancies and forward completed applications to Alexandra Bayles by email at HRsandymount@enableireland.ie.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 2nd August 2021
Interview date for applications: 11th August 2021
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s will not be accepted)
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant.
- Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment.
Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice available at https://www.enableireland.ie/privacy-policy for details on how Enable Ireland processes applicant’s personal information. Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with: 1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview; and 2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our retention policy.