Kenmare Family Resource Centre: Community Development Worker
Applications are invited for the post of:
Community Development Worker
This is a permanent contract. The Community Development Worker will work closely with the Project Co-ordinator to help the Centre implement its Work Plan.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A relevant third level qualification – minimum Level 6 (for example, Community Development, Rural Development or equivalent);
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience, post qualification, of providing community development support in a community-based setting, including experience of:
- liaising / networking with community, voluntary and statutory agencies;
- delivering programmes, activities and/or services to groups;
- providing information and support to individuals and groups;
- organising community events;
- working on issues e.g. social inclusion, poverty and working with rural isolated communities.
- Proven experience in accessing funding;
- Excellent IT, social media and report writing skills;
- Access to own transport and a full clean driving license.
This position is 17.5 hours per week.
To request further information and an application form, please contact:
Tel: 064 66 42790
Closing date and time for receipt of applications is 9 am Tuesday August 10th 2021.
Interviews will take place Friday 13th August 2021.
Applications will only be accepted on the official application form.
CVs will not be accepted.
This project is an equal opportunities employer.
This position is funded by TUSLA Child and Family Agency.