Clare Haven Services: Refuge Workers
Clare Haven Services
Clare Haven Services, is a voluntary organisation which provides a wide range of support services including 24 hour emergency refuge accommodation to women and children who experience domestic abuse.
We are currently inviting applications for the following posts:
- Refuge Worker to cover a maternity post
- Refuge Workers to join our relief panel
Details of working hours for both posts are outlined below:
1. Refuge Worker: Maternity Post 30 hours a week
You will be required to work 2 overnight shifts in the refuge as follows:
Wednesday: 6pm to 9am
Saturday: 6pm to 9am
2. Refuge Workers: Relief Panel
As a relief worker, the hours of work will vary from week to week depending on the cover needed, and will include, evenings/overnights during the week and evenings/overnights and days over the weekend.
The refuge operates a 24-hours a day / 365 day service and is staffed at all times. Relief staff will be required to cover any shifts during this time.
Requirements for Both Posts
The successful candidate for both positions will be working alongside a dedicated team providing services for women and children who experience domestic abuse.
The successful candidates will have:
- Third level qualification in Social Care or equivalent.
- Relevant experience of working directly with women and/or children in a care or support setting.
- Knowledge of Domestic Abuse and its impact on women and children.
- Understanding/working knowledge of children’s First Legislation/Child Care Act.
- Previous experience of working in a domestic abuse service or other similar setting
- An interest in the area of violence against women and related gender equality issues
Apply in writing outlining which position you are applying for and include 2 copies of your CV to
Clare Haven Services,
Ennis, Co. Clare
Closing date for application: - 12 noon – Wednesday 4th August 2021.
Shortlisting of applications may apply.
Panels may be formed as a result of the interview process. Candidates who are placed on a panel will be considered for vacancies for relief hours, part time, or temporary positions.
If you would like any further information please contact H.R. Manager on 087 9519183
Clare Haven Services is an Equal opportunities Employer