Dublin Simon Community: Night Support Worker - Chester House
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response, and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership. If you share our values and want to make a difference also, come talk to us at Dublin Simon Community. We’re looking for client-focused, friendly and adaptable people to join our team.
About the job
As a Support Worker on Nights, you’ll work with our clients to meet their needs on a nightly basis, and engage clients in service activities as per support plans. From developing relationships with clients to seeing their progress, you’ll directly impact the lives of many people. As well as our induction program, you will be provided with 10 training days throughout the year, ensuring you have the support and training to succeed in this role. You’ll report to the Service Manager.
- Provide support to the clients at night, recording on support plans, updating PASS and night's bed list, encouraging sleep hygiene.
- Carry out health and safety checks as per local policy and recording of same.
- Provide care interventions, including daily living skills support, relapse prevention support.
- Ensure all new clients receive a robust induction to the service and are aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- Ensure the building is secure at night and that all systems are working (alarms, CCTV, emergency response details) and adhering to the lone working policy.
- Therapeutic and diversionary interventions, providing emotional and motivational support, promoting positive mental health attitudes, self-esteem and self-respect.
- Support the manager in the implementation of the strategic and operational action objectives. Taking responsibility for developing and implementing strategic and operational goals.
- Preparations of rooms for service user intake to ensure standards are maintained.
- Crisis and conflict management.
- Ensure consistent handovers, diary, incident reports, and follow-ups, in accordance with organisation policies.
- Accommodation management; ensuring routine maintenance is carried out, cleaning, security inspections, and bedroom health and safety inspections occur, in line with operational procedures and standards.
- Ensure neighbourhood policy is implemented and managed at all times.
- Active interventions; harm reduction, overdose prevention.
- Interpersonal skills development, dealing with relationships, family liaison, and behavioural management issues.
Essential for the role:
- QQI level 5 in Community Development, Counselling, Social Care, Social Work, or similar.
- 1-year of experience working in a social or caring setting.
- Understanding of why people become homeless and the needs they have.
- Recordkeeping, report writing.
- Client-focused, adaptable, accountable, resilient individual.
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to advocate on the client’s behalf.
Desirable for the role:
- QQI Level 7 Degree in Social Care or a degree in a related discipline is desirable
- Health & Safety training
- Passion for helping people, with the ability to work in an agile environment and problem -solve.
- Experience in working with vulnerable and disadvantaged groups.
- Experience in carrying out Health & Safety inspections and audits
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of quality service
- Relating with respect and compassion
- Prompting diversity and equality
- Providing quality person-centered service
- Communicating effectively
- Resilience, positive outlook openness to change
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- Promoting person-centered care
- Building working relationships
- Effective professional practice, planning, organising, and problem-solving.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 7-day liability (Monday-Sunday).
- Contract type: Permanent contract,
- 25 days annual leave,
- 5% matched contribution to your pension,
- Paid Sick Leave Policy,
- Paid Maternity Leave Policy,
- Bike to Work Scheme,
- Commuter Travel Tax Savers Ticker,
- 1st-week Comprehensive Training.
Application due date: 08/08/2021
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800