Dublin Simon Community: Shops Supervisor - Client Development Services
At Simon, we listen to people who turn to us for help and do everything we can to support them to move out of homelessness into independent living. We strive to empower people to access, secure, and retain a home of their own by reducing the reliance on short-term emergency accommodation and providing permanent supported housing for people to sustain a home in their local community. Moving people into supported housing produces life-enhancing and life-saving results and is more cost-effective in the long run.
Dublin Simon Community is focused on providing supportive services at all stages of homelessness and we are focused on providing supportive alternatives to people living in despair, enabling them to rebuild their lives and empower to secure a safe home of their own.
About the role:
The Shops Supervisor will be responsible for the operation and people management of 2 retail shops and a retail sorting space at our distribution center.
- Support the Social Enterprise vision and ethos.
- Manage and improve day-to-day operations of the shop in line with appropriate guidelines, policies, and procedures in relation to stock management, donor care, customer care, client engagement, financial control, health and safety and security.
- Ensure compliance with the shops procedures and policies.
- Manage a rota to ensure operational hours for all locations are covered sufficiently.
- Manage the van schedule to meet the needs of both shops while also supporting our donors.
- Implement effective resourcing and sustainment of stock to anticipate customer demands.
- Ensure the shop is stocked appropriately, implement and supervise an appropriate stock rotation process, merchandising standards and pricing standard.
- Manage the centralised stock sorting space in the distribution centre to ensure stock is sorted, priced and distributed appropriately, timely and efficiently to our services and stores.
- Maximise the income generated from both stores.
- Organise and manage pop-up shops throughout the year.
- Ensure compliance with the Security Policy and cash handling procedures to ensure adequate controls are in place for safety and security.
- Manage the budget and supplies in a cost efficient manner, ensuring sufficient supplies and value for money.
- Complete reports for sales, donations, stock, distribution and health and safety.
- Ensure all staff are using the ‘Stock Shops’ email effectively for managing donations.
People and Relationship Management:
- Management of employees, CE workers, Full Time Volunteers, Part Time Volunteers and Client Volunteers in line with Dublin Simon Community policies and procedures.
- Recruit necessary volunteers and CE workers to meet operational and customer demands.
- Work in partnership with the CE engagement supervisor to provide meaningful work and training placements for participants and support them in their role.
- Manage the relationship with the fundraising team to ensure donor care is prioritised in day to day operations and coordinate corporate ‘stock sorting’ days in the distribution centre.
- Work collaboratively with other services in the organisation to ensure the shops are meeting the needs of our clients.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders (neighbourhood, Property and Maintenance, Property management company).
- Represent the Shops on organisational working groups and at the Irish Charity Shops Association.
- Familiarise all team members with Dublin Simon Community guidelines and best practice on issues including shops policies and procedures, financial control, staff purchases.
- Actively participate in the necessary training for the role and ensure all mandatory training and developmental training is completed with the team.
Teamwork and Commitment to a Quality service:
- Create and sustain an environment in which all staff and volunteers are motivated and are given suitable and meaningful work to do to ensure that their individual motivations and abilities are being recognised and met.
- Act as a role model to the team ensuring a consistent and quality service is being delivered.
- Support the Transition year programme coordinating this in partnership with the volunteer office.
- Work with the Communications team developing the shops presence on social media while running the Dublin Simon Shops Instagram page
- Implement the client clothing process and client service delivery in the shops.
- Commitment to waste reduction in the Shops and be aware of changing legislation and requirements in this area.
- Relevant third level qualification in any of the following:
Social care, Retail, Business studies, management, operations.
- The candidate must have of knowledge of retail with a clear understanding of the distinction between mainstream retail and the charity sector.
- Good IT skills and experience of Microsoft Office.
- The candidate must have recent experience of supervisor/management role in a retail environment, with a minimum of 1 years experience.
- Retail Operation or customer service, retail management.
Demonstration of Competencies:
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of quality service
- Respect for the dignity of others
- Openness to change
- Commitment to best practice and professional development
- Good Communication
- Have a flexible approach to working and shift patterns
- Commitment to health & safety
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Honest, trustworthy & reliable
- Excellent written and report writing skills.
- Focused on results and targets.
- Consideration of customers and colleagues
- Planning and organising requirements of roles
- Initiative and taking responsibility
- Resilience and positive outlook
- Effective team working
- Supporting colleagues to achieve team goal
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 5 day Liability (Monday-Friday), 25 days annual leave.
Location: City Centre and Chapelizod (Dublin 20)
Application due date: 27/06/2021
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800