Family Carers Ireland: Psychosocial Supports Intern
Psychosocial Supports Intern
(Open to Public Competition)
Family Carers Ireland (FCI) is the national charity supporting over 500,000 family carers across the country who dedicate their lives to caring for loved ones such as children or adults with physical or intellectual disabilities, frail older people, those with palliative care needs or those living with chronic illnesses or addiction. We provide a range of services and supports for family carers through its 22 resource centres nationwide.
Family Carers Ireland is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious candidate to fill the role of Psychosocial Supports Intern.
This role will provide administrative and evaluation support to a low-cost national counselling service for family carers, support the evaluation of Covid-19 innovation for family carers and carry out some administration for our three Carer Supports and Innovation networks.
Role Criteria: The successful candidate should possess the following Essential criteria.
- Honours Degree in Psychology or Psychotherapy or counselling and must have graduated within the past two years (i.e. in 2021, 2020);
- Excellent IT skills- mainly MS Word, Excel, Outlook and experience using virtual technologies such as 3CX, Zoom, MS Teams etc.;
- Previous experience of focus groups/interviews/survey design;
- Fluency in English (written and verbal);
- Full drivers’ licence, with access to car.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work within a dynamic environment;
- Experience working in a highly confidential environment;
- Flexibility in attitude and approach to the job and a willingness to help others;
- A reflective approach to their work and a willingness to learn and desire to implement a culture of continuous improvement;
- A strong work ethic with excellent attention to detail;
- Effective time management and organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple activities and keep stakeholders informed;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish rapport with a diverse range of people;
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a team.
Terms & Conditions: Nine (9) month fixed term contract and part-time (30hrs/week across Monday - Friday). The role will initially be based from home as per Covid-19 guidelines. Once it is allowable, the successful candidate will be based at one of Family Carers Ireland locations in the midlands. The salary for this role for the duration of the contract is €15,798.
Application Process - Applicants are invited to submit their up-to date CV and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the above criteria to email@example.com no later than Thursday, June 24th 2021.
Family Carers Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer