Churchfield Community Trust: Garden Café Catering Assistant
Churchfield Community Trust CLG invite applications for the following post;
Job Title: Garden Café Catering Assistant
We are seeking a professional, energetic and supportive person with an interest in working with persons who encounter challenges re: alcohol, substance misuse and offending behaviour.
- A relevant qualification and experience in this field or associated field, is desirable but not essential.
- The position is a part-time post subject to a six-month probationary period.
- The successful candidate will be appointed on a Salary of €12,472.00 per annum pro rata (based on 19.5 hrs per week excluding lunch breaks).
- Garda Vetting will apply.
- Full Driving License is an advantage.
Please forward 3 hard copies of your C.V. together with a personal statement outlining your qualities, skills, and experience relevant to the post [maximum 300 words] to:
Churchfield Community Trust,
107-109 Knockfree Avenue,
The Board of Churchfield Community Trust CLG is an equal opportunities employer.
- Applicants may be shortlisted.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
- Applications received by email will be disqualified.
- Job description and further details below.
Closing date for applications: 12.00 Noon on Friday 25th June 2021.
THIS PROJECT IS SUPPORTED BY POBAL, PROBATION SERVICE, CORK ETB, HEALTH SERVICE EXECUTIVE AND CORK CITY COUNCIL.
GARDEN CAFE POSITION: Garden Café Catering Assistant
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title: Garden Café Catering Assistant
About the Garden Cafe: The Garden Cafe is a Churchfield Community Trust social enterprise initiative. This community cafe operates on the grounds of Cork Foyer, Blackpool, Cork. It provides healthy and nutritious food at an affordable price, whilst providing employment and training opportunities to persons who have experienced challenges re Alcohol/ Substance addiction and involvement in criminality.
Job Purpose: The Garden Café Assistant will liaise with the Garden Cafe Team to plan, organise and develop the food service within The Garden Cafe whilst ensuring good standards of customer care, health, safety and hygiene. The Garden Café Catering Assistant will report directly to the Garden Cafe Team Leader.
Main Duties: Specific duties will include:
- Work as part of part of a wider team ensuring good standards of food and beverage provision with a focus on healthy and nutritious food at an affordable price.
- Participate in planning of menus, stock control, ordering and purchasing.
- Observe all health and safety regulations.
- Demonstrate high Standards of Food Hygiene & maintain appropriate HACCP records.
- Ensuring good standards of customer care while working as part of a team for events at The Garden Café.
- Ensure the proper uniform is worn this includes head cover, aprons and safety shoes.
- Preparation and serving food.
- General cleaning at the end of the day and a deep weekly clean.
- Participate in catering for events at The Garden Cafe.
- Work closely with the Garden Café Team Leader and other co – workers.
- Any other duties as required by the Garden Café team leader.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will:
- Be willing to gain experience of Barista, Electronic Point of Sale, Food Preparation, HACCP Food Hygiene within a busy Café environment.
- Work well as part of a team at the Garden Café.
- Have excellent communications skills.
- Be standards driven, with a willingness to learn.
- Understand the importance of working as part of a team, which may include trainees and volunteers within a community employment/ Tus context.
- All Candidates must be willing to achieve a Primary Certificate in Food Hygiene, HACCP training and be aware of current food safety legislation.
Hours of work: The Garden Cafe operates from 9.00-am – 5.00pm Monday to Saturday (operational hours may change subject to community needs) with additional functions outside these days/hours. The Garden Café Assistant will work 19.5 hours per week (hours & days of work to be agreed with the successful candidate).