Rehab Group: Senior Development Officer
A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
The Rehab Group is a charity that provides services for over 20,000 adults and children, and champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with disabilities or disadvantage in their communities throughout Ireland and the UK.
Senior Development Officer
Permanent Contract 12 months, 39 Hours
To manage the Newgrove development projects through to handover to the local management. This involves the search for and acquisition of properties, completion of the purchase process or lease process as appropriate, project managing the refurbishment or construction works, dealing with all legal matters, and managing the budgeting and funding process.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Relevant Third Level Building or Construction related qualifications (NFQ7), and appropriate professional experience in building management and surveying
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a property and construction environment
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with the full range of property regulator and compliance requirements
- Experience in working with key industry professionals such as architects surveyors and solicitors
- Experience in project management principals, practices and techniques
- Experience of development in the social housing sector in Ireland
- Experience and training in property acquisition and lease negotiation and procurement
- Skills and knowledge of building procurement practices and principals
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a specified number of property projects from initiation; on site stage; and handover to local management, to the required specification, to include engaging professionals, overseeing design and specification, managing payments schedules, completion of snagging work, coordination of final inspections and certifications and management of retention payments
- Assess the feasibility of development proposals and make informed recommendations to management on the optimum scope of these proposals
- Establish working relationships with key Local Authority staff and manage the CAS funding process from initial application through to final payments and all associated administration and communication with the Local Authorities
- Identify, source and review suitable property for purchase, lease or licence as required and to represent the Housing Association in the lease, licence and purchase negotiations.
- Driving License required
- Willingness to be flexible in working hours to meet organisation/client’s needs. Working some unsocial hours may be required from time to time
- High degree of time management skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Company pension Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Taxsaver travel scheme
- Income Protection
Closing Date: 23rd June 2021
Please apply via the careers link https://workforus.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1828
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer