St. Catherines Association: Staff Nurse – Day Services
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
We have an exciting opportunity for a:
To join our Day Services team providing quality person centred care
Newcastle, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
1 x Permanent Full-time
Monday – Friday
Interested in working with individuals with an intellectual disability and/or Autism. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You are a committed team player with a proven ability to work effectively as part of an MDT team. You are familiar with best practices in Nursing and apply these consistently in your work.
St. Catherine’s Association is a non-profit organisation and registered charity funded by the HSE that provides care to individuals with intellectual and other disabilities. We aim to provide a holistic service from birth to adulthood including Early Services, Residential and Respite care, and a wide range of Clinical Services. The successful candidate will work as a member of the multidisciplinary team and enjoy a high level of professional support.
Job Role (non-exhaustive):
- To support the adults in our day service by providing a professional, efficient and effective nursing service of the highest standard.
- To work as part of the staff team.
- To develop relationships with families and liaise with other agencies, medical professionals, hospital services and with the wider MDT team in order to provide the best possible care and support to the adults in our service
- Develop, manage and maintain appropriate records relating to the individuals supported by the services including person centred plans, medication management and care plans
- To assist in the teaching of life skills, cooking, budgeting
- Hours of work: Mon – Thurs: 8am to 4pm & Friday: 8am to 3pm. You may be required to work outside of these hours in line with service needs
- Registration with An Bord Altranais
- Either RSCN, RGN, or RNID qualification.
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development
- An interest in working with individuals who have Intellectual Disabilities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Full flexibility and reliability
- Knowledge of New Directions regulations for persons with disabilities in day services
- Full driving license and willing to drive company vehicles
- Knowledge and previous experience in Clinical Care areas such as, Enteral Feeding, Medication Management and Epilepsy Management
- Experience working with young adults with intellectual disabilities and medical needs
We love to see our team members grow and develop in their careers. That’s why we support our Nursing staff to attend professional training as required to maintain a high level of service.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Debbie Carr on 087-1946126 for details.
Closing Date: Friday 18th June 2021