ALONE Services: mPower Community Navigator (Support Coordinator)
mPower Community Navigator (Support Coordinator) – ALONE Services
ALONE supports older people to age at home. We provide direct, frontline services to people aged 60 and over, through support coordination, befriending and support, housing with support, co-living, and the application of assistive technology. We have more than 2,000 volunteers and 140 plus homes for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We have been awarded Quality Marks from Volunteer Ireland, the ISO, the Charities Regulator and the Housing Regulatory Standard.
The mPower project supports citizens in the 65+ age group. This single "cross border" service provides care across Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland and supports health, social care partnerships, identifying citizens at risk who could benefit from a social prescribing service, and/or technology enabled care interventions. mPower is a project supported by the European Union’s INTERREG VA Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body.
ALONE and the mPower Project are partnering to appoint a Community Navigator (Support Coordinator) in the CHO8 region (Louth, Meath, Monaghan and Cavan).
The role will be responsible for the development and implementation of a programme focussing on Health and wellbeing action planning, in order to ensure local project goals are achieved. The role will also support the local mapping of care and community based services to update the suite of community assets and services available in personalised care and facilitate independence and build on individual capacity and resilience.
You will hold responsibility for managing a comprehensive caseload to support and advocate for services for older people in and across all care settings, to enable and empower older people to age well at home.
- Manage and lead the response to complex cases including, but not limited to, issues regarding emotional wellbeing, housing issues, health difficulties and vulnerable persons at risk of abuse.
- The identification of citizens at risk via agreed risk stratification tool, which will be identified and developed with the mPower project team.
- Carry out comprehensive assessments (in person or by phone) with older people to ensure that all aspects of the older person’s needs are identified, supported and resolved and that any risks are mitigated.
- Development of personalised long and short term Health and wellbeing action plans and Digital services, focussing on a holistic model of support and care
- Undertake a gap analysis of information on community support options/available services and develop an action plan to provide for identified needs. Map the range of local support and care service available.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders, to include statutory and non-statutory services, older people, carers and volunteers.
- Organise and lead stakeholder engagement events on themes which promote, wellbeing and digital literacy as required
- Co-produce new policies with stakeholders to develop digitally integrated health and social care structures.
- Compile reports and papers relating to performance for project team, this will require the Community Navigator to use statistical software to extract data from the relevant systems in order to report to the relevant stakeholders.
- Advocate for the needs of Older People and engage with other organisations/groups and deliver presentations to partners, local health and social care teams, and the general public/beneficiaries.
- Recruit, train and support volunteers, volunteer leaders to work safely and to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with older people availing of our services.
- Maintain necessary confidentiality relating to the work of the service and regarding older people, staff and partner organisations and in line with guidance in the use of the ALONE Management Information System (MIS) and data protection policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain referral pathways to ALONE’s Support Coordination services.
- You may be required to undertake additional duties or tasks as required.
During the COVID-19 response, you will be mainly working from home and you will be provided with all equipment and devices to enable you to do this.
Skills and Background
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE and mPower’s mission is essential.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals, groups and stakeholders, is essential.
- Previous experience in social care settings is desirable.
- Good computer literacy, with experience of using case management systems is desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills, report writing, solution focused skills and multi-tasking skills are desirable.
- This role is 35 hours per week and these hours may be required to be worked in a variety of flexible patterns, e.g. 5 over 7 days, compressed hours or other flexible working patterns as required.
- Regular travel and remote working is required with this role with adaptable working arrangements available to facilitate this flexibility.
- This role will involve developing services across the CHO8 region (Louth, Meath, Monaghan and Cavan).
- Remote Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in role.
- The salary scale offered for this position is €27,000 to €37,000, depending on experience.
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about working with Alone, the role and your availability to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday, 19th of June 2021.