Persuasion Republic: Account Manager
1. Do you see yourself here?
Persuasion Republic is Ireland’s leading full-service fundraising and social marketing agency. We partner with excellent progressive organisations – charities, NGOs, cultural groups and public bodies – on vital social issues and causes helping them to fundraise, build awareness and support, influence audience attitudes and behaviours, and deliver social and policy change.
Our work with our wonderful clients impacts significantly on making Ireland a more just, inclusive, stimulating and empathetic place. Our mission is to combine our expertise and creativity with that of our clients to produce brilliant campaigns and projects that deliver the greatest possible impact.
We help our clients to recruit thousands of supporters and raise significant sums of money; gain political and government support for their advocacy causes; help educate and inform the public about their causes and services; and help them build effective brands that fully explain the vital impact of their work.
This passionate mission – powered by an enthusiastic, talented and experienced team – means we have to, and want to, produce the highest quality work that raises the most funds and wins the most support for terrific causes.
We help our clients across five key areas:
- Individual direct marketing fundraising – direct mail, EDM and digital
- Philanthropy, major gift and legacy fundraising
- Fundraising planning and strategy
- Public awareness and advocacy
- Brand and design
The crafts we offer include client/project management, strategy, research, creative copy and design, production of video, print and fulfilment, and ad placement (multi-channel, above, below and online).
Our current and recent clients include: The Alzheimer Society of Ireland, Pieta, Irish Cancer Society, Dogs Trust, Children’s Health Foundation Temple Street and Crumlin, Chernobyl Children International, KARE Services, Irish Youth Foundation, Inclusion Ireland, Irish Red Cross, Goal, Mater Foundation, Focus Ireland, Marie Keating Foundation, Threshold and Women’s Aid.
2. Your unique new opportunity
Due to the growth of our client base and recent successes, we are now recruiting an enthusiastic and experienced Account Manager to join our client management and strategic teams. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a committed and talented person to join an accomplished team and agency with strong credentials, client loyalty and track record. It’s a chance for a skilled professional to further their career, make a significant mark, work with Ireland’s leading charities and NGOs – and play a part in making Ireland a better place.
3. The role you’ll play
Your title Account Manager
Who you report to Client Director
Direct Reports Account Executive/s
The Account Manager builds and services strong and lasting client relationships by identifying and understanding client needs and ensuring we consistently meet them with great solutions. The role brings together both a day-to-day client/project management function and also a higher-purpose, big picture, strategic insight role.
4. Your Key Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties involve four broad areas:
DAY TO DAY CLIENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT
PRODUCTION, TECHNICAL AND QUALITY CONTROL
STRATEGIC EXPERTISE AND COMPETENCIES
WORKING ENVIRONMENT, TEAM WORK, LEARNING
A. Day to day Client/Project Management:
- Play a lead role being the main peer-to-peer agency contact for the client.
- You will represent the client’s day-to-day interests/business needs within the agency.
- Work with, and interpret the client’s requests to ensure that an insightful fit-for-purpose brief exists for each project. If necessary, consult Client Director and Creative Directors to build the agency brief.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of projects according to our clients’ needs and objectives.
- Competently and compellingly present and represent the agency and its work to the client. You will coordinate and chair individual project/client presentations.
- Take lead responsibility to ensure projects are delivered on budget, on schedule and as promised to the client and that expenses are properly tracked and invoices issued on time.
- Identify and develop key relationships with external suppliers and negotiate best deals for the client and agency – freelancers, print and fulfilment businesses, digital experts, media agencies, data houses, production facilities and so on.
B. Production, technical and quality control:
- Work constructively with the creative and production team to ensure projects can be conceptualised, produced and managed within adequate timeframes and production parameters.
- You will agree and manage client feedback and amends/approval schedule to the client’s satisfaction.
- Ensure the agency’s creative and technical production and quality control guidelines are adhered to and that all campaigns are delivered to the highest standards.
- Oversee adherence to best-practice database and GDPR protocols. Ensure that data and production briefs are produced and agreed for all campaigns.
C. Strategic expertise and competencies:
- You will have expertise and knowledge of charity fundraising across all channels including digital and competence in NGO communications and social marketing.
- Do your upmost to understand and gain insights into the business world of your clients – the strengths, opportunities, weaknesses and threats that exist in their communications and fundraising environment.
- Negotiate a protocol with clients to gather, monitor, analyse and interpret key metrics of success, project projections and campaign results.
- Work with the Client Directors, Account Managers and Creative Directors to develop new business with existing clients and also help win new business from new clients.
D. Working environment, team work, learning:
- Ensure that you avail of the best learning and professional opportunities needed for your role. A learning/professional development plan will be agreed with you.
- Take a leadership role in ensuring that any team you oversee is properly trained and their skills upgraded.
- Play a positive and enriching role in ensuring that Persuasion Republic is a stimulating enjoyable and progressive workplace.
- Provide line management, mentoring and support where necessary.
- Represent and promote Persuasion Republic in a proud and positive way in all settings and at all times.
- Adhere to, and bring value added to Persuasion Republic’s core and heart-felt values around equality, fairness, justice, inclusiveness, diversity and treating people with empathy, dignity and respect.
5. Is this you?
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least three years’ experience in fundraising and account/project management and a proven track record of success in your current/previous employment.
- Have a personal passion for fundraising, making the world a better place and an interest in the vital issues our clients tackle.
- A relevant third level qualification would be an asset.
- Excellent client care skills.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills with experience of accurate data collection, record keeping and data analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising across all channels.
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets and report on financial performance of projects.
- Experience of working with external suppliers to deliver successful projects and campaigns.
- Strong time management and excellent planning and project management skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, in teams, and work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fluent English.
- Persuasion Republic is a small bustling agency and at times, we are all required to muck in and take on whatever tasks need to be completed. We strive to promote a healthy work/life/home balance but as our work is deadline driven, you will be required on occasion to do weekend work and late shifts.
6. Contract Terms & Conditions
Full time position subject to performance with a six-month probationary period.
Hours of Work: 35 hours with some evening and weekend work required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
7. Taking the next step
Submit your cv and cover letter in the strictest confidence to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Give us a few hundred words on why you want to work with us, how you believe you fulfil the criteria for the role and what value added you’ll bring. The closing date for applications is 5.00pm, June 25, 2021.
See www.persuasionrepublic.ie for more information on the agency, the team and examples of some of our clients, our causes and our work.