Persuasion Republic: Account Executive
1. Do you see yourself here?
Persuasion Republic is Ireland’s leading full-service fundraising and social marketing agency. We partner with excellent progressive organisations – charities, NGOs, cultural groups and public bodies – on vital social issues and causes helping them to fundraise, build awareness and support, influence audience attitudes and behaviours, and deliver social and policy change.
Our work with our wonderful clients impacts significantly on making Ireland a more just, inclusive, stimulating and empathetic place. Our mission is to combine our expertise and creativity with that of our clients to produce brilliant campaigns and projects that deliver the greatest possible impact.
We help our clients to recruit thousands of supporters and raise significant sums of money; gain political and government support for their advocacy causes; help educate and inform the public about their causes and services; and help them build effective brands that fully explain the vital impact of their work.
This passionate mission – powered by an enthusiastic, talented and experienced team – means we have to, and want to, produce the highest quality work that raises the most funds and wins the greatest support for terrific causes.
We help our clients across five key areas:
- Individual direct marketing fundraising – direct mail, EDM and digital
- Philanthropy, major gift and legacy fundraising
- Fundraising planning and strategy
- Public awareness and advocacy
- Brand and design
The crafts we offer include client/project management, strategy, research, creative copy and design, production of video, print and fulfilment, and ad placement (multi-channel, above, below and online).
Our current and recent clients include: The Alzheimer Society of Ireland, Pieta, Irish Cancer Society, Dogs Trust, Children’s Health Foundation Temple Street and Crumlin, Chernobyl Children International, KARE Services, Irish Youth Foundation, Inclusion Ireland, Irish Red Cross, Goal, Mater Foundation, Focus Ireland, Marie Keating Foundation, Threshold and Women’s Aid.
2. Your unique new opportunity
Due to the growth of our client base and recent successes, we are now recruiting an enthusiastic and experienced Account Executive. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a committed and talented person to join an accomplished team and agency with strong credentials, client loyalty and track record. It’s a chance for you to further your career, make a significant mark, work with Ireland’s leading charities and NGOs – and play a part in making Ireland a better place.
3. The role you’ll play
Your title Account Executive
Who you report to Client Director /Account Manager
Salary Band €25,000 – €30,000 DOE
The Account Executive is essentially a key assistant to the Account Manager and Client Director and supports the administrative and day-to-day project management work across various projects. You will be a helpful and available contact for clients and assist in managing the print, data and production of client campaigns.
4. Your Key Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties involve three broad areas:
DAY TO DAY CLIENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT
PRODUCTION, TECHNICAL AND QUALITY CONTROL
WORKING ENVIRONMENT, TEAMWORK, LEARNING
Specifically, as an Account Executive, your key duties and responsibilities are:
- Supporting Account Managers/Creatives on all projects and campaigns.
- You will be a day-to-day client contact as required by your line manager.
- Work constructively with the wider campaign team to ensure each project is executed to the highest standards.
- At times, you will be tasked as part of the team to research and source background information, peer-campaign sourcing from other territories, photo and image searches, etc.
- You may be required to assist at events, attend photo and video shoots and provide logistical/admin/event management support.
- You will develop and oversee project schedules, construct campaign/project status reports, and attend client meetings and presentations when required.
- Competently and compellingly represent the agency and its work externally.
- Play a role in ensuring projects are delivered on budget, on schedule and as promised to the client and that expenses are properly tracked and invoices issued on time.
- Maintain key relationships with external suppliers, negotiate best deals for the client and agency.
- Work constructively with the creative and production team to ensure projects can be conceptualised, produced and managed within adequate timeframes and production parameters.
- Ensure the agency’s creative and technical production and quality control guidelines are adhered to and that all campaigns are delivered to the highest standards.
- Oversee all best-practice database and GDPR protocols are adhered to. Ensure that data and production briefs are produced and agreed for all campaigns.
- Prepare data briefs for suppliers, review client data, ensure it meets requirements.
- Monitor and implement agency quality control for print and production work, check and approve artwork, print proofs and data proofs.
- Do your upmost to understand and gain insights into the business world of your clients.
- Liaise with your line manager to ensure you participate in the learning and professional opportunities needed for your role.
- Play a positive and enriching role in ensuring that Persuasion Republic is a stimulating enjoyable and progressive workplace.
- Adhere to, and bring value added to Persuasion Republic’s core and heart-felt values around equality, fairness, justice, inclusiveness, diversity and treating people with empathy, dignity and respect.
5. Is this you?
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 1 years’ experience in fundraising and project management and a proven track record of success in your current/previous employment.
- Have a personal passion for fundraising and for making the world a better place and an interest in the vital issues our client’s tackle.
- A relevant third level qualification would be an asset.
- Excellent client care skills.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills with experience of accurate data collection, record keeping and data analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising, across all channels.
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets and report on financial performance of projects.
- Experience of working with external suppliers to deliver successful projects and campaigns.
- Strong time management and excellent planning and project management skills.
- Ability to take direction, work on your own initiative, in teams, and work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fluent English.
- Persuasion Republic is a small bustling agency and at times, we are all required to muck in and take on whatever tasks need to be completed. We strive to promote a healthy work/life/home balance but as our work is deadline driven, you will be required on occasion to do weekend work and late shifts.
6. Contract Terms & Conditions
Full time position subject to performance with a six-month probationary period.
Hours of Work: 35 hours with some evening and weekend work required.
7. Taking the next step
Submit your cv and cover letter in the strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Give us a few hundred words on why you want to work with us, how you believe you fulfil the criteria for the role and what value added you’ll bring. The closing date for applications is 5.00pm, June 25, 2021.
See www.persuasionrepublic.ie for more information on the agency, the team and examples of some of our clients, our causes and our work.