St. Joseph's Foundation: Designated Officer/Social Work Team Leader
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
St. Joseph's Foundation is a voluntary organization, providing comprehensive services for people with intellectual disabilities. Founded in 1968 the Foundation has grown through continuously responding to the needs of people with intellectual disabilities and their families. St. Joseph’s Foundation is also a lead agency in Cork Kerry Community Healthcare for the North West Cork and the North East Cork Children’s Disability Network Teams.
The Foundation presently provides early intervention, pre-school, school, adult day services, residential, respite care, elder care and home support in the North Cork and South West Limerick region. We have Day Services and RT Programme locations in Charleville, Mitchelstown, Mallow and Liskennett with residential services in Co Limerick: Ballylanders, Croom, Ballyagran, Bruree, Kilmallock, Dromcollogher and in Co Cork: Charleville, Dromina, Newtownshandrum, Buttevant and Newmarket.
Applications are invited for the following post:-
DESIGNATED OFFICER/SOCIAL WORK TEAM LEADER
37 HOURS WEEKLY
Monday to Thursday 9.00pm to 5.00pm Friday 9.00pm - 4.30pm
The successful candidate will have primary responsibility to perform the duties of the role of designated officer in an effective and efficient manner. To plan manage and provide an effective social work caseload service as allocated by the Principal Social Worker.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Degree and be registered in the Social Work Register, maintained by the Social Work Registration Board at CORU
- Maintain live annual registration on the Social Workers Register maintained by the Social Workers Registration Board at CORU
- Must have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and professional ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office
- Further education in the area of disability and safeguarding (is desirable).
- Designated Officer Training provided by National Safeguarding office (is desirable).
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working as a Professionally Qualified Social Worker.
- Have experience of working with a multi-disciplinary team coupled with working on a uni-disciplinary basis.
- Have experience of receiving and processing social work related referrals
- Have Social Work experience with relevant/related client group
- Have experience in the learning disability service
Informal enquiries to Ms Joanne Jenks on (063) 89252
- Qualifications must be validated with the Department of Health & Children if studies were completed outside Ireland.
- Department of Health Salary Scales 1/11/2020 apply.
- A full Irish/EU Driving Licence & Indemnification of the Foundation on your car insurance policy is a requirement of the post.
- Panels of suitably qualified persons may be formed from which further vacancies may be filled.
- Closing date for receipt of an up to date Curriculum Vitae (with no gaps in education & employment history) is Friday 18th June 2021. Please email CV to recruitment@Stjosephsfoundation.ie and on the subject line mention ‘Designated Officer Application’
- Applicants shortlisted for interview will be required to complete a St Joseph’s Foundation Application Form.
St. Joseph's Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.