Respond: Senior Project Worker - High Park Family Hub
Respond is the largest housing association in Ireland providing social housing and homeless services. Our vision is that ‘every family and individual in Ireland will have high-quality housing as part of a vibrant and caring community’. We are growing rapidly in response to the housing crisis and are now looking for the right person who has the passion and skills to help us realise our vision.
Role: Senior Project Worker
Location: High Park Family Hub, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
Reporting to: Service Manager
Terms: Fixed Term Contract – (40 Hours Flexible Mon –Sun)
Job Purpose: To support the Manager to lead a team in supporting families in Supported Temporary Accommodation (STA) to work towards securing long-term accommodation.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of the service are run in accordance with Respond’s policies and procedures
- To take a senior role within the staff team
- To assist with taking a lead on any aspect of the service the delivery of which has been agreed with the manager
- Responsibilities to include team leadership, program development, caseload Management and health and safety compliance
- Provide keywork to designated families living in the service
- To work alongside the manager to ensure the Team are maintaining professional records of work with the services users and the work of the project including but not limited to updating the PASS system.
- Liaise and support project workers to ensure all housing options and support needs are being explored.
- To work alongside the manager to ensure that the Support Team are keeping all support plans, wellbeing assessments up to date
- Develop and build relationships with relevant local services and agencies
- Complete accurate written records and/or reports where appropriate while complying with data protection and safeguarding guidelines
- Handle enquiries, including telephone calls and agency visits
- Attend and in the absence of the manager lead team meetings ensuring continuous professional development
- Update when appropriate the Pathway Accommodation & Support System (PASS)
- In conjunction with Manager, provide supervision and support to staff members at regular intervals regarding the progress of his/her work; reflective practice and professional development
- Respond to all safety and security related incidents, ensuring correct service procedures are followed, and record and report such incident as appropriate .To provide support after incidents where necessary
- To perform as a team member supporting colleagues, participating in effective handovers in order to ensure effective work relationships and continuity of care for service users
- Carry out and report security checks, including property checks, occupancy checks and room checks
- Adhere to professional boundaries and work in a professional manner at all times
- Ensure the environment is maintained to high standards at all times
- Ensure all financial accounts are kept updated including petty cash.
The list of tasks is not an exclusive one and duties may vary from time to time.
- A degree in Social Care/Social Science/Applied Social Studies or related discipline i.e. addiction, social work
- Experience of performing in a leadership role
- An understanding of the nature of homelessness and the needs of homeless families
- A working knowledge and understanding of Child Protection
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- The ability to motivate and work effectively with staff and service users
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Practical experience of advice, support and advocacy
- Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to treat the client group in a non-judgemental and respectful way
- The ability to work within clear professional boundaries
- Be highly motivated, reliable & flexible
- Garda Vetting will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
To apply please send C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing of business Friday, May 14th, 2021.