Respond: Project Worker - Northwood Green
Respond is one of the largest housing associations in Ireland, providing social housing and homeless services. Our vision is that ‘every family and individual in Ireland will have high- quality housing as part of a vibrant and caring community’. We are growing rapidly in response to the housing crisis and are now looking for the right person who has the passion and skills to help us realise our vision.
Role: Project Worker
Location: Northwood Green, Santry
Reporting to: Service Manager
Terms: Fixed Term 12 Months Contract – 40 hours per week - Flexible Monday to Sunday
Job Purpose: To work as part of a team, supporting families in Supported Temporary Accommodation (STA) to work towards securing long-term accommodation
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Admit families to the service, ensuring they are provided with a full induction and welcome Provide support to families to establish tenancies by assisting them to identify suitable properties. This may include empowering them to search relevant press publications and websites, contacting and visiting landlords and letting agencies
- Accompany families to viewings of properties and support them in negotiating with landlords where appropriate. This will include ensuring that the property meets safety standards and is well maintained and is suitable for the family’s size
- Assist families to understand and complete their Housing Assistance Payment (HAP)
- Assist families to fully understand the conditions of their tenancy agreement and agreeing rents with landlords prior to taking up a tenancy
- Carry out assessments and develop a support plan with families
- Update when appropriate the Pathway Accommodation & Support System (PASS)
- Facilitate families to access local services such as medical, welfare, training, education and employment and to advocate on their behalf
- Develop and build relationships with relevant local services and agencies Complete accurate written records and/or reports where appropriate
- Adhere to professional boundaries and work in a professional manner at all times Attend and participate in team meetings and continuous professional development
- Respond to all safety and security related incidents, ensuring correct service procedures are followed, and record and report such incident as appropriate
- Carry out and report security checks, including property checks, occupancy checks and room checks
- Ensure the environment is maintained to high standards at all time.
- The list of tasks is not an exclusive one and duties may vary from time to time.
- Relevant Level 7 Qualification e.g. Social Care, Social Policy, Addiction Studies, Social Science, Housing & Welfare
- Knowledge of Pathways to Home, HAP, HNAs and SLI
- A minimum of one years working in the area of homelessness & a knowledge of homelessness and its causes, homeless services, addiction and mental health
- Experience of managing complex and challenging situations in a client based service
- A working knowledge and understanding of Child Protection
- The ability to treat the client group in a non-judgmental and respectful way
- The ability to work within clear professional boundaries
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Be highly motivated, reliable & flexible
- Ability to work on a roster that includes evening and weekend work
- Garda Vetting will be conducted on an ongoing basis
To apply please send C.V. and covering letter to email@example.com before the closing of business Friday, May 14th, 2021.