Peter McVerry Trust: Individual Giving Manager
Title of post: Individual Giving Manager
Vision: “An Ireland that supports all those on the margins and upholds their rights to full inclusion in society.”
Mission: Peter McVerry Trust is committed to reducing homelessness and the harm caused by drug misuse and social disadvantage through the principle of a Housing First model. Peter McVerry Trust provides low-threshold entry services, primarily to younger persons with complex needs, which offer pathways out of homelessness within a framework of equal opportunities, dignity and respect.
The Individual Giving Manager will play a key role in Peter McVerry Trust’s Fundraising Strategy for the period 2021-2025. Working closely with the Director of Fundraising and other senior members of the Fundraising Department the Individual Giving Manager will play a key part in growing and strengthening Peter McVerry Trust’s individual fundraising income.
- Manage the delivery of Peter McVerry Trust’s individual giving programme including direct marketing, regular giving, donor communications, tax programme and online income.
- Identify and deliver new initiatives to improve individual giving to sustainably grow fundraising income
- Coordinate and manage the planning, preparation and implementation schedules for acquisition and retention appeals and campaigns.
- Manage the Salesforce CRM for the Fundraising Department
- Work closely with the Donor Care Team to ensure professional, timely and accurate processing of donations, donor correspondence and database entries
- Plan and deliver donor retention strategies encouraging donor retention and loyalty including ensuring the donor care programme is optimised and supported by the production of donor content to maximise retention.
- Oversee the production and mailing of all fundraising communications, including management of warm and cold mail campaigns, with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Ensure that all campaigns and donor communications are General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) compliant
- Ensure all campaigns are delivered on time and within budget to meet target objectives – income, response rate and within budget. Present campaign results to senior management, explaining variances and recommendations.
- Educated to degree level (Level 8) or equivalent in relevant area
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a fundraising management role, with proven track record of meeting financial targets
- Knowledge of voluntary sector and relevant legislation
Skills / Knowledge
- Strong capacity to build and develop effective, professional, working relationships with staff in the Peter McVerry Trust fundraising department and across other Peter McVerry Trust departments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including strong writing ability across a range of media (online and offline)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Budgeting and reporting skills
Closing date 20th May 2021