Sophia Housing Association: Project Worker - Limerick
SOPHIA HOUSING ASSOCIATION
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Job Title: Project Worker
Location: Sophia Housing, Southill Hub, O’Malley Park, Limerick.
Reporting to: Project Manager
Contract: Fixed term (6-9 months)
Hours : 39 hours per week
Sophia is a national organisation, who has been supporting people as they emerge from homelessness since 1997. Responding to the ever-growing need in Ireland Sophia now directly supports 477 adults and 433 children.
Sophia is a niche service provider for two reasons; Firstly, it sees the provision of home of one’s own as the primary response to homelessness and the intervention that Sophia is exclusively focused on. Secondly as an Approved Housing Body, its core mission is to provide homes for individuals, couples and families who not only need a home but also present with other support needs.
Sophia recognises that homelessness can have a traumatic impact on people and that services need to be designed and delivered in a trauma informed way.
To work on a daily basis with families and individuals living in the Limerick City and County area. Management of a caseload in a busy project, keywork individuals and families, carry out assessments and care plans and regularly liaise with other agencies/authorities on behalf of the service users.
- To have regard for the objectives and ethos of Sophia Housing Association.
- To attend team meetings and to participate in training as required.
- To participate in the assessment and interview process for referrals to the service.
- To work in a holistic way with tenants appropriate to their housing management and personal needs.
- To provide practical home support to tenants when required.
- To provide resettlement preparation as required.
- To plan for and assist tenants as appropriate with their move on from the Projects.
- To liaise and work effectively with relevant personnel in Sophia Housing, and other relevant agencies; e.g. Local Authority, Health Board etc.
- To set up and maintain appropriate records of the work with Tenants and the work of the Project.
- To ensure Tenancy Agreement is understood by Tenants and to attend Tenancy Meetings when required.
- To co-operate as appropriate with research and evaluation of the service.
- To implement Policy and Procedures within the service.
- To participate in responding to emergencies within the Projects as required.
- To share administrative duties within the Team; e.g. Rent Collection, Petty Cash, etc.
- To promote Tenant involvement in the development of the Projects.
- To check on the maintenance of the apartments within the Projects.
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager.
- To undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to time.
- A level 8 degree in a social care or a related discipline i.e. addiction, social work, psychology
- At least one year’s experience working with this client group
- An understanding of the issues affecting people who are homeless and sustaining a tenancy
- Knowledge around child protection issues, mental health issues and addiction
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Proficient IT Skills and knowledge with a database
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
- To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills.
- A full clean driver’s licence and use of a car to visit service users in their homes.
Please forward a Cover Letter and CV to Recruitment@sophia.ie
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, May 14th 2021