ALONE: Head of Finance, Legal and Governance
Head of Finance, Legal and Governance
ALONE is a national organisation that strives to enable older people to age at home, safely and securely, for as long as they wish. We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, frail or ill, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties.
We provide an integrated system of Support Coordination, Practical Supports, Befriending, a variety of Phone Services, Social Prescribing, Housing with Support, and assistive technology. We use support plans, provide a point of contact for access to health, social care, housing, transport and other arising needs using technology and other services and activities to improve physical, emotional and mental wellbeing.
We have nearly 3,000 volunteers throughout the Country who conduct and provide practical supports to older people, visits and phone calls, linking older people into social activity and being a companion.
We currently have a vacancy for a Head of Finance, Legal and Governance to join our team in our Head Office in Dublin 8. The successful candidate will be a member of the ALONE Leadership Team and will be supported by a Finance Manager and the finance team.
- Responsible for the management and monitoring of all financial, legal and governance activity of the organisation
- Provide strategic Input to the ongoing operations and delivery of the strategic goals of the organisation
- Ensure sound financial management and financial controls throughout the organisation
- Produce Monthly Management accounts with analytical review and agreed KPI for all stakeholders
- Support Leadership to create and deliver Budgets/Forecast and value for money.
- Complete of regulatory and other governance returns.
- Oversee Legal / governance queries where appropriate
- Develop all reporting and financial processes to ensure best practice
- Maintain/review all balance sheet reconciliations for financial controls
- Enhance and report on Capital investments/Strategy - scenario modelling
- Monitor and report on cash-flow, working capital initiatives and reconciliations
- Develop financial costing & scenario models to meet business requirements and enhance decision making
- Engage with the external auditors for annual audit and any other reviews.
- To ensure that the finance teams have clarity on their roles, responsibilities and expectations and to provide them with appropriate, timely and accurate information, training and on-going development
- Provide any other duties and / or projects as required.
Essential Skills and Background
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or ACCA)
- Experience of working in a Finance Environment with a Leadership/management role.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A proven record of communicating complex financial issues and models in a clear-cut, concise manner to all relevant stakeholders
- Proven analytical and modelling skills, and must be both commercially astute and a confident communicator
- Proven ability to review and challenge assumptions within detailed financial forecasts.
- Detail-oriented with ability to drive process and procedure improvements.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission is essential.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- Understanding of the not for profit sector would be beneficial.
- The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding
- We work a minimum 35-hour work-week in a good environment
- The position will be remote based initially and then at our Head Office at Olympic House, Pleasants Street, Dublin 8 after Covid-19 workplace restrictions have been lifted
- Remote Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in role.
- The salary will be dependent on skills and experience and there are 24 days’ annual leave.
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about working with ALONE, the role and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 14th May 2021.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.