Family Carers Ireland: Administrator - Services CHO 8
Administrator - Services CHO 8
(Open to Public Competition)
Family Carers Ireland is the national charity supporting over 500,000 family carers across the country who dedicate their lives to caring for loved ones such as children or adults with physical or intellectual disabilities, frail older people, those with palliative care needs or those living with chronic illnesses or addiction.
We provide a range of services and supports for family carers through its 22 resource centres nationwide.
About the Role:
Family Carers Ireland wish to make the following appointments;
Role: Administrator - Services, CHO 8
Reporting to: Home Services Manager CHO 8 & Cavan/Monaghan
Location: Family Carers Ireland, 5 St. John’s Terrace, Blackhall, Mullingar, Co Westmeath. In line with Covid-19 guidelines, the successful candidates may also be required to work from their home in the short term.
Contract Duration: Permanent
Hours per week: Full time - 37 per week. The normal working hours are 9 am to 5.30 pm (Monday to Thursday) and 9 am to 5 pm (Friday).
The Administrator – Services role will carry out office activities as required by the Home Services Manager and Office Manager. They will also be responsible for ensuring that all administration related to the efficient running of the office is carried out in a timely and effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Administrator – Services will have responsibility for the following tasks;
Home Support Services
- Ensure all referrals from the HSE are responded to within the specified timeframe.
- Liaise with staff to determine their capacity to fill packages and roster them accordingly.
- Ensure all calls are covered and that all relevant staff are fully informed of any changes that arise.
- Liaise with families and the HSE, as appropriate, to inform them of any potential rota changes.
- Ensure accurate verification of calls and highlight issues of non-compliance.
- Comply with all internal procedures for the processing of invoices, timesheets etc. and work closely with the Finance department to ensure workers are paid correctly and invoicing to HSE is accurate.
- Perform administrative duties and provide support to the Home Services Manager, such as filing, faxing, and photocopying, typing, contacting staff through email or text.
- Provide effective reception cover by responding to telephone queries in a timely manner and assist fellow team members with enquiries.
- Sort and distribute daily post.
- Ensure clear and prompt communication with Home Care Workers through text, email, telephone and the Roadrunner App where applicable.
- Create and maintain staff and client files in line with Family Carers Ireland policies and procedures.
- Liaise with HSE counterparts and maintain clear lines of communication.
- Facilitate Home Care Worker interviews with the Home Services Manager.
- Facilitate employee induction with incoming Home Care Workers.
- Compile monthly reports as requested by internal managers.
Systems and Databases
- Data entry onto various IT systems and databases.
Health & Safety
- Ensure the Organisation’s Health and Safety policy and procedures are adhered to in the assigned area.
- Schedule staff training as required.
- Participate in the Organisation’s Performance Management programme.
Policies & Procedures
- Adhere to the Organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake other duties as may be required and assigned by the Organisation from time to time.
The Administrator - Services must possess the following qualifications, skills and experience;
- Must be educated to Leaving Cert level (or equivalent) and pursued further studies in Office Administration or IT.
- At least 2 years’ experience working within a busy office environment is essential.
- Strong IT aptitude essential with advanced MS Office skills, especially in MS Word.
- Experience working with IT systems is essential.
- Experience of staff scheduling and resource planning.
- Has previously worked in a highly confidential environment.
- Fluency in English, written and verbal.
- Excellent communicator.
- Flexibility in attitude and approach to the job.
- An ability to multitask and have excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines and keep stakeholders informed.
- A willingness to learn and a desire to implement a culture of continuous improvement within their team.
- A willingness to help out other colleagues.
- A strong work ethic is essential.
- Willingness to travel and do some evening work when required.
- Excellent people skills with an ability to work well with others.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Full drivers licence with access to transport.
Applicants are invited to submit their up-to date CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, May 9th 2021.
Family Carers Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer