Rehab Group: Team Leader - Goortacoosh Residential Service
A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for an experienced Team Leader to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day today tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Goortacoosh Residential Service,
Glenflesk, Co Kerry.
Permanent Contract, 30 hours
The Team Leader will assist the Residential Services Manager in the delivery of a quality ‘client focused’ residential service. They will have a role in the management and planning of entry and exiting of service, whilst supporting clients with varied disabilities within a person centred residential service. Implementing and ensuring HIQA regulations and RehabCare standards while overseeing the delivery of a quality, customer focused service.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A third level graduate, Health & Social Care or equivalent.
- Ability to develop and maintain support /care plans and provide required support and care to clients on an individual person centered basis, in line with the client’s requests and wishes in a respectful and dignified manner to ensure that clients are leading their service of care.
- Candidates should have an understanding, knowledge and experience of working with clients who have varied disabilities. Should be able to maintain a high standard of care in line with RehabCare’s policy and procedures, while ensuring that HIQA standards and regulations are maintained within the residential service.
- Experience of management and supervising both individuals and teams
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage the day to day delivery of a truly person centred service for all clients
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, logistical and IT skills
- To manage and provide support to staff team within the service maintaining staff rotas, training, leadership, supervision, support/care plans and communication across various staff shifts.
- To document information and complete paperwork as deemed necessary for delivery of service to the clients
- To liaise with families, and other personnel as directed by the Service Manager.
- Hold a full, clean driving license.
- Be flexible in terms of working hours and days.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description and to apply please click here: https://workforus.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1709
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Thursday, 13th May 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer