Irish Deaf Society: Community and Communication Officer
The Irish Deaf Society is seeking applications from a suitable person as a Community & Communications Officer
Hours: Full time basis, 35 hours per week. Role will involve flexible working hours with requirement to attend regular meetings outside usual office working hours, evenings and occasional weekends for community events and meetings.
Funding: This role is partially funded by the Dormant Account Fund managed by Pobal.
Term: Permanent full-time contract.
Salary: Subject to negotiation based on experience.
Supported by: Advocacy Department
Starting Date: Role can start immediately or as soon as possible subject to notice and availability of successful candidate.
Location: Work Remotely and IDS Office in Cabra, Dublin 7.
Submission Deadline: Friday 14th May 2021
Interview: Wednesday 19th May 2021
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To develop and implement a strategy of engagement with the IDS Peer Advocates Network and National Council.
- To advise the Advocacy Manager on matters requiring attention, and assist in implementation of management decisions.
- To gather information and report to the Advocacy Manager on community projects including analysis, goals and performance indicators.
- To ensure the efficient day-to-day operation and management of any community services and projects achieving agreed goals.
- To develop a strong network of contacts with regional and National Deaf organisations and groups to inform representation.
- To build an accessible library of existing agreed communications topics, texts and positions for use across the organisation.
Deaf Career Project
- To work with Peer Advocates and manage 6 regional job clubs to deliver on goals of the “Deaf Career Project”.
- To work with Advocacy manager to establish a Steering Group to guide the project and a “work placement subgroup” with external employers' representatives
- To manage all aspects of the Deaf Career Project and deliver on stated goals (see Appendix)
- Write, edit, co-ordinate and publish content across various channels, including the website, social media, and print and online marketing materials.
- Plan and implement communications and marketing campaigns to raise awareness, membership engagement and Departmental promotions, while progressively improving organisational understanding of what works for different audiences.
- Communicate the value of our work to members.
- Field enquiries from stakeholders including journalists, politicians and service users.
- Work with Advocacy Manager and team, CEO, Board and IDS spokesperson on PR and audience communications.
- Act as a brand champion for IDS.
- To engage with our audience on social media.
- To develop and implement best practice communications policies.
SUBMITTING YOUR COVER LETTER AND CV
Please send a cover letter (save as either word or PDF documents) explaining why you are suitable for the role with your CV by email to Elaine Grehan, Advocacy Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on Friday 14th May 2021 please make sure to add “Community & Communications Officer” in the subject field of your email.
Interviews will be on Wednesday 19th May.
If you are unable to attend for interview on this date, please state so clearly in your email.
ISL Version – Job Description: https://vimeo.com/543099668
ISL Version – Appendix (Deaf Career Project): https://vimeo.com/543100739
The Irish Deaf Society is an equal opportunities employer