Dublin Simon Community: Support Worker - BBV
Job title: Support Worker - BBV
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality.
Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention services, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership.
About the job:
As a Support Worker in our treatment services (BBV/Detox) you will support clients as part of a team to ensure their safety and needs during stabilisation/Respite from alcohol or drugs
- To process referrals, admissions and discharges to the BBV UNIT as per referral and assessment procedure. To induct clients to the unit as per induction procedure
- To work in line with your individual score card to achieve the organisational strategy.
- To engage with and build a professional trusting relationship with clients treating them with dignity and respect in order to work within the values of Dublin Simon Community.
- Work closely with Project Worker & Nursing Staff to contribute to supporting service users to work towards the goals set down in their care plan.
- To assist Project Workers with the co-facilitation of all meaningful activity and social programmes including the “Reduce the Use programme”.
- Co ordinate social activities for clients taking into account their individual needs and in conjunction with staff on duty.
- To perform tasks related to the day to day running and maintenance of an effective residential service such as food preparation, hygiene of the home, standards of living, maintaining of building.
- To ensure that a welcoming and friendly environment is maintained ensuring all rooms are prepared for service user arrival.
- Assist the project worker / nurses with regular room searches to ensure unit is kept, drug and alcohol free.
- To escort clients to medical and other appointments as requested by the lead nurse& or project worker.
- Maintain positive and mutually beneficial relationships with relevant external agencies in both the voluntary and statutory sector and to effectively liaise with a range of service providers both Voluntary and Statutory (referrals, mental health, occupational therapy and so on) in order to establish or improve services available to service users.
- Ensure service users are consulted and involved in the operation of the project as far as possible through the service users groups in Dublin Simon Community.
Note: The duties listed in this job description are not exhaustive and you may be expected to perform other duties as are reasonable in the course of your work with Dublin Simon Community.
- 2 years paid employment in a relevant care setting with at least one-year experience in direct homelessness and addiction service provision.
- Diploma level in one of the following disciplines: social work, social care, psychology, addiction studies, counselling.
- An in-depth Knowledge of substance, behavioural and non substance Addictions
- Understanding of mental health and domestic violence issues.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week. 25 days annual leave.
Location: Dublin City
Application due date: 14/05/2021
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800