National Collective of Community Based Women’s Networks: Communications Officer (Part-Time)
The National Collective of Community Based Women’s Networks (NCCWN) are recruiting a part-time (21 hours per week) Communications Officer
NCCWN is a national women’s community development organisation working to advance disadvantaged women’s equality. NCCWN represents and works directly with, women experiencing disadvantage, through our 17 Women’s Community Development Projects throughout Ireland. NCCWN works from two core approaches: community development and feminism. Our Communications Officer would have a focus on such marginalisation with a feminist lens, so that our national and local work would have a clear impact and brand.
This is a unique opportunity for anyone seeking to work in a dynamic, interesting and developing sector and who is interested in fulfilling an important role in an organisation working to support and advance disadvantaged women’s equality and empowerment both locally and nationally. Our Communications Officer will actively contribute to the continuous development and implementation of comprehensive NCCWN Internal and External Communications strategies, in line with the NCCWN Strategic Plan ensuring implementation and integration into NCCWN’s work overall.
Main duties of the post:
- In line with the NCCWN Strategic Plan, contribute to the development and maintenance of NCCWN internal and external communications strategies capturing the range of work and activities throughout NCCWN
- Provide guidance and training to all NCCWN Women’s Projects on utilising social media and other tools effectively.
- Act as brand guardian for the NCCWN identity to ensure consistency across all internal and external communications and documents
- Research, draft, and update NCCWN communications materials both internal and external
- Management of NCCWN website and social media platforms, including the development of strategic focused content and monitoring of social media activity.
The successful candidate will have:
- A third level qualification in communication, marketing, journalism or related field
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications strategy development
- Experience of working across multi-channels including traditional, online, and social media platforms in a professional capacity
- An understanding of human rights and a passion for social justice, women’s equality and community development
- Work experience of representing an organisation to the public and media
Hours of work: 21 hours per week.
Salary: €35,245.00 (pro rata) per annum - point EO3 of the NCCWN salary scale
Location: Ability to work from home essential for the duration of the Covid-19 restrictions. Post Covid-19, there will be flexibility in relation to a blended workspace as agreed with the National Coordinator - working both from home and agreed specified days working in the national office in Dublin.
For job description, information and application form please contact:
NCCWN National Coordinator Miriam Holt Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be made by a cover letter and application form only and emailed to Miriam Holt. Please note a CV is not required and should not be submitted.
Closing Date for applications 5pm on 12th May 2021. Shortlisting may apply. A panel will be created.
Interviews expected to take place the week of 17th May with an expected start date beginning of June 2021. (Due to current circumstances, interviews may be online)
This post is subject to funding (Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth)
NCCWN is an Equal Opportunities Employer