Irish Red Cross: Individual Giving Executive - Donor Care
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Job Title: Individual Giving Executive - Donor Care
Responsible to: Individual Giving Manager
- Individual Giving Manager, Direct Marketing Coordinators, Database Coordinator and whole fundraising department.
- Outside agencies, e.g. call centres, payment-processing providers.
Summary of role:
- To process donations and thank donors.
- To deal with enquiries from donors and the public
- To contribute to the work of the Irish Red Cross (IRC) as a member of the Individual Giving (IG) team, supporting the acquisition, engagement, retention and development of donors.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Open and reconcile post at least twice weekly.
- Process data relating to donors and donations in a timely, accurate and consistent manner.
- Send relevant thank-you letters promptly
- Manage new and existing direct debit plans, record cancellations, reconcile failed payments.
- Create and submit direct debit files twice-monthly to bank.
- Coordinate advertising of jobs for whole fundraising team.
- Recruit and induct volunteers & interns to support IG team.
- Maintain adherence to database procedures and GDPR.
- Participate in periodic appraisal with IG Manager or other person as agreed.
- Provide occasional cover for other members of the team as appropriate.
- Other tasks as appropriate.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role in a fundraising, marketing or customer-service environment.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Competence in MS Office applications.
Desirable Experience & Skills:
- Experience of using a database/CRM in a fundraising or marketing environment.
- Intermediate or advanced skills in MS Excel.
- A relevant third level qualification would be an advantage.
- Understanding of donor care and direct marketing principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of fundraising and the charity sector within Ireland.
- All levels of education and experience will be considered. However, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Committed interest in the work and principles of IRC.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to speak and write fluent English.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to respond to a varying workload in a busy environment and to step up where necessary.
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Salary range €24,000-€30,000
- 35 hours/week Mon-Fri
- Location: Irish Red Cross, 16 Merrion Square, Dublin 2 and, where agreed, remotely.
Please submit your CV and covering letter, Reference IG Executive – Donor Care, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 10 May 2021.
If you are called for interview, it will be conducted online.