Dublin Well Woman Centre: Governance and Communications Assistant
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Governance and Communications Assistant
The Dublin Well Woman Centre
The Dublin Well Woman Centre is a leading provider of women’s sexual and reproductive health care, delivering healthcare and counselling services to over 30,000 women annually from its three Dublin clinics. The Dublin Well Woman Centre is committed to leading through advocacy, and to influencing the women’s health agenda nationally.
This is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in supporting the organisation’s ongoing development, along with the roll-out of clinical services. As part of the administration team, in a ‘hands on’ role you will be responsible for supporting governance and administration in the Dublin Well Woman Centre, and for assisting with all aspects of the organisation’s communications.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who works well on their own initiative, who can work in a flexible working environment, and who welcomes the challenges that will come in shaping delivery of best-in-market women’s health services.
The Dublin Well Woman Centre promotes a healthy work-life balance and is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title: Governance and Communications Assistant
Reporting to: The Chief Executive
Overall Purpose of the job:
Administrative and communications support necessary to ensure the organisation is running effectively and efficiently, and engaging with its various stakeholders – including patients, staff and funders – effectively via its various communications platforms.
You will be responsible for a number of weekly and monthly Head Office administration functions, as well as for working on annual and once-off projects and initiatives, and for supporting the Dublin Well Woman Centre in its various governance and communications outputs.
Key Responsibilities of the Governance and Communications Assistant:
- To support Well Woman in meeting its governance/compliance obligations.
- To lead on Well Woman’s communications outputs
- To be the administrative anchor in Head Office and to the Chief Executive
Governance / Compliance:
- Working on governance and compliance issues (to include Well Woman’s work towards adoption and ongoing compliance with the Charities Governance Code, quarterly Lobbying Register returns, etc)
- DPO (Data Protection Officer) function with respect to the GDPR
- Garda Vetting Officer in respect of Garda vetting applications
- Preparation of monthly statistics on clinic activity for the Dashboard report (taken from HPM system).
- Monitor any client complaints and ensure responses are issued in line with our policy (liaising with the Clinic Operations Assistant, and in conjunction with senior management). Maintain the file.
- Other once-off or ongoing projects and management commitments
- Keep the Administration Manual up to date
- Communicate any new policy updates across the organisation to staff in all locations
- In consultation with the Chief Executive, create content and image, produce and distribute regular internal eNewsletters to staff, and occasional eNewsletters to patients
- Implementation of a social media strategy (from time to time, this may include monitoring social media outside regular working hours; if this is the case, TOIL will be given)
- Creating policy-driven and visually-attractive posts for Well Woman’s three social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook)
- Ensuring the website is up-to-date
- Recording and filing of relevant research documents, news items and coverage
- Ensure staff are familiar with DWWC values and brand guidelines
- Carry out surveys / research projects; this may include the annual Staff Satisfaction and Patient Satisfaction surveys (issuing them on Survey Monkey, writing up draft reports and analysis, etc)
- Assist with the planning and co-ordination of communications events
- Assist with planning and preparation of the Annual Report; this will include securing quotes, preparing the timetable, ensuring various contributions are submitted on time, proof-reading the draft AR, etc
- Research various women’s health issues
Undertake other relevant duties as may be decided with the Chief Executive
- Administrative duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, preparing documents, managing and ordering office supplies and equipment
- Coordinate filing, archiving and shredding, as needed.
- Assist with planning of meetings and events, as required (includes diary management, circulation of mailings, booking meeting rooms, etc).
- Attend Board and other meetings, take draft Minutes at meetings as required.
- Weekly and monthly recording of A/L, S/L, Study Leave and TOIL in respect of Head Office staff for Payroll Department
- Liaising with the Operations Manager and Clinic Operations Assistant, as required
Person Specification / Skills and Special Aptitudes:
- Professional telephone manner, and excellent verbal and written communications skills, including fluency in English, report-writing and graphs production
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential, as is confidentiality, tact and discretion.
- Minimum 2 year’s previous office administration experience essential.
- Qualification in communications, multi-media or public relations
- Proficient with online communications; graphic design skills (we use Canva) and the ability to create communications pieces a distinct advantage
- Experience in developing and implementing email marketing campaigns
- Strong problem solving abilities, initiative and teamwork.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office essential, to include WORD and PowerPoint
- Excellent Excel skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills essential
- Ability to prioritise a large workload, manage time and be flexible.
- Previous experience researching and editing procedures and policies a distinct advantage.
Terms and Conditions
Salary circa €30K, role will be based in Head Office.
2-year fixed-term contract, with 6-month probation period (which may be extended).
20 Annual Leave days, 37.5 hours / week, (exact hours to be agreed, but likely to be 8.45 am to 5.15 pm). Occasional evening hours (to coincide with Board and other meetings, TOIL will be given). In addition, some flexibility may be required from time to time in respect of monitoring social media activity over weekends (this will be recognised in a flexible schedule of hours).
Please send a CV and Cover Letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words ‘Governance and Communications Assistant’ in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: COB Tuesday, 4th May. Interviews will take place during the weeks beginning 10th and 17th May.
The Dublin Well Woman Centre is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All applicants should have the legal right to live and work in Ireland before applying for this position.