Galway Volunteer Centre: County Outreach and Reserve Development Officer
Galway Volunteer Centre
27 William Street West, Galway
The Galway Volunteer Centre was established in 2006 to promote and support volunteering in Galway City and County.
Applications are invited for the following position:
County Outreach and Reserve Development Officer
(fixed-term contract – 37 hours per week)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Continue development of Galway Volunteer Centre as a viable resource for voluntary/community groups and volunteers in Galway County and City.
- Develop and co-ordinate the activities of a new team of community ‘reserve’ volunteers in Galway City and County and enable and support them to contribute to their community through meaningful short term and episodic volunteer roles, as well as being on standby for any future local or national emergencies.
- Provision of Garda Vetting service to voluntary and community groups.
- The recruitment and referral of volunteers to suitable volunteering opportunities within Galway City and County.
- Supporting the Development Manager in the implementation of the Galway Volunteer Centre Strategic Plan.
Candidate should ideally hold a community development qualification and/or possess relevant experience. He/she will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to network effectively. Fluency in Irish will be an advantage. He/she must also have excellent administrative and IT skills. This position will involve travel throughout Galway City and County. The successful candidate ideally must hold a full driving licence and have their own transport. This is a fixed term contract of initially 6 months.
Job Specification and Application Form can be downloaded at https://volunteergalway.ie/vacancies/
Please note only applications made using GVC Application Form will be considered.
Closing date for applications is 5pm April 23rd 2021