Clonmel Community Training Centre: Advocate (Maternity Cover, Part-Time)
Clonmel Community Training Centre
Community Training Centres (CTC) provide vocational and life skills training to early school leavers aged 16-21 who would otherwise have been excluded from active participation in both the workforce and educational opportunities. Programmes are designed to enhance each learner’s opportunities to learn new skills and achieve the certification necessary for progression into employment, further training or continued education.
The Clonmel CTC Board invites applications from enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals for the position of:
(part-time 22hrs per week over 4 days) commencing May 2021
The Advocate will be responsible for supporting career path planning process for learners to meet their specific guidance, training, work experience and welfare needs.
The successful candidate will have:
- An accredited 3rd Level Qualification (NFQ Level 7 minimum) in Career Guidance Counselling or equivalent;
- Minimum of two year’s experience working with Learners/Young People in a similar function;
- A learner centred approach to the work and the ability to provide guidance and deliver flexible options to learners;
- Awareness of diversity within the workplace;
- Ability to work effectively with CTC staff, learners, employers, external partners, and others as appropriate to support learner progression;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, facilitation and IT skills;
- A working knowledge of the key state agencies and others who work with early school leavers;
- An awareness and understanding of Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), Common Awards and the National Framework of Qualifications for CTC’s;
- Please note an accredited Coaching or Mentoring qualification would be desirable.
Applications must include a Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter specifically outlining how the applicant meets the above requirements. Applications should be marked private and confidential and returned to Ms Lorna Bermingham, Board of Management, Clonmel Community Training Centre, The Wilderness, Fethard Road, Clonmel.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 16th April 2021
The salary scale associated with the post is €31,652 to €56,473 including two long services increments. Please note a starting point applies at point one (€31,652) A job description is available on request from email@example.com.
Interviews are expected to be held in March following a shortlisting process. Please be advised that due to COVID-19 these may initially be virtual first screening interviews with possible next stage face to face interviews to follow. All processes will follow HSE guidance at the time scheduled.
Late applications will not be considered, and canvassing will disqualify. Due to current obligations to comply with legislation, offers of employment are made subject to Garda Vetting and references.
Clonmel CTC is an Equal Opportunities Employer and will ensure that potential candidates will be selected based on their abilities and merits only and according to the requirements of the job.