Gheel Autism Services: Social Care Worker / Autism Practitioner - Outreach Transition Team
In Gheel, we focus on supporting individuals with autism through their life journey and enabling them to have fulfilling life experiences, while having autonomy and control over their choices and decisions. Gheel Autism Services provides a wide range of services for adults with autism including day and vocational opportunities, outreach support and a variety of supported living options. Across our services we consider how each person thinks, learns, and processes information to develop a personalised plan of support. Considering individuals strengths and motivations, we enable people to obtain outcomes which are meaningful to them. Our committed practitioners receive regular training and they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to enable each individual to have positive and meaningful life experiences. All staff are central to changing the culture of supporting people into a more inclusive, independence focused style of support – where people are encouraged to be partners in, not recipients of, the design of the service delivered.
- Access to Health Insurance
- Access to Educational Support Scheme
- Company pension with company
- contribution (including income protection and death-in-service benefits)
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Free Parking
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Up to 25 days Annual leave
- Bike to Work scheme
- Training and development (CPD)
- Option to join the Health Service credit union
Due to the on-going expansion of our service, we currently have the following full-time vacancy in our Transition Service. The required experience and qualifications are listed for the role.
Social Care Worker/Autism Practitioner, Permanent (1.00 WTE) – Outreach Transition Team, Ballymun.
The Transition Service is an innovative outreach service that offers support to people across the North Dublin Region. Everyone accessing the service is allocated their own Caseworker who supports the person to progress in the areas identified by the person. This is achieved through one-to-one appointments in our office, the service user’s home or out in the community. Caseworkers offer Autism informed support in areas such as education, employment, housing, social and overall well-being. Individuals are also supported by the facilitation of workshops and social groups delivered by the Caseworkers and the service also aims to provide training and/or educational support to other community services. The team operates on a support model which aims to provide the individual with the right amount of support based on the persons’ needs which hopefully will lead to a reduction in support over time reflecting the progress that is made. The Caseworker will have their own allocated caseload of people and be expected to take the lead in organising their support under the supervision of a Location Manager.
Applicants must have full, clean driving licence and access to their own car for work purposes. The Transition Team operate on daytime hours Monday to Friday - annual increments are included.
Essential Qualifications for Social Care Worker/ Autism Practitioner post:
- Level 7 award in Social Care/Studies delivered by an Institute of Technology, DIT or National University of Ireland.
- A relevant qualification received outside the State recognised by NARIC as equivalent to the Irish Level 7 award or
- Relevant third level qualification at degree level i.e. social work, psychology, and/or allied health or a post-graduate qualification in Autism Studies
Essential Criteria for this post:
- At least one-year recent experience in the social care/disability sector
- Experience of supporting individuals with a diagnosis of ASD and knowledge of Autism
- Ability to promote independence – supporting others to learn how
- An understanding of the New Directions Model of Service Delivery.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full, clean driving licence and access to their own car for work purposes.
- Successful candidates will be paid in line with 2016 HSE revised consolidated Social Care Worker pay scale point 1; €30,293 – point 12; € 44,306 per annum based on working a 39-hour week. There is 25 days annual leave per annum the above positions.
To apply for these positions, please send an up to date curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Autism Practitioner/Social Care Worker, Transition Services in the subject line of the email requesting the position you are applying for. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on the evidence outlined in the curriculum vitae.
The closing date for receipt of all completed applications is Thursday, 22nd of April @ 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted Garda Vetting is a requirement of the recruitment process.