Dublin Simon Community: Staff Nurses (BBV/Detox units)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse whose role is to provide a nursing service for a very vulnerable group of people who are admitted to the Dublin Simon Residential Treatment Services. The role includes assessment of the health needs of clients which addresses their physical, social, psychological cultural and health needs. The nurse is responsible for ensuring the safety and well being of clients throughout their stay. This is done in conjunction with the visiting GP’s and members of the Residential treatment teams.
Core responsibilities include:
- To effectively liaise with a range of service providers both voluntary and statutory in order to assist in the assessment of referrals to the unit.
- To complete all administrative tasks such as report writing, maintenance of accurate nursing and medical records, up to date client case notes, relevant form filling in order to ensure that the unit runs smoothly, safely and effectively.
- To facilitate groups through an effective health education and promotion programme in order to ensure that clients receive relevant information for making informed decisions.
- To liaise with the visiting G.P. in relation to admissions, prescribing of medications and in addressing the health needs of all clients in the service.
- We are looking for an individual who has a Minimum of 2 years post registration experience and is RPN or RGN on the live register maintained by An Bord Altranais for the relevant qualification/s.
Minimum job requirements:
- RPN or RGN on the live register maintained by An Bord Altranais for the relevant qualification/s
- Minimum of 2 years post registration experience
Dublin Simon Community works to prevent and address homelessness and provides services at all stages of homelessness to enable people to move to a place they can call home.
Dublin Simon Community has been awarded the Excellence Through People accreditation for the past 3 years. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision making processes in the organisation.
What We Promise
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Dynamic & Varied Role
- Diverse Work Environment
Location: Dublin City
Application due date: 22/04/2021
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800