ALONE: Assistant Accountant
ALONE is a national organisation that strives to enable older people to age at home, safely and securely, for as long as they wish. We work with all older people, including those who are lonely, isolated, frail or ill, homeless, living in poverty, or are facing other difficulties.
We provide an integrated system of Support Coordination, Practical Supports, Befriending, a variety of Phone Services, Social Prescribing, Housing with Support, and assistive technology. We use support plans, provide a point of contact for access to health, social care, housing, transport and other arising needs using technology and other services and activities to improve physical, emotional and mental wellbeing.
We have nearly 3,000 volunteers throughout the Country who conduct and provide practical supports to older people, visits and phone calls, linking older people into social activity and being a companion.
We currently have a vacancy for an Assistant Accountant to join our team in our Head Office in Dublin 8. The successful candidate will be a key member of the team of 5 in a growing organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced person to make a significant contribution to the achievement of ALONE’s vision and strategic goals. The successful candidate will assist in the preparation of statutory, financial and management information for ALONE Stakeholders and be involved in the day to day finance function
- Month end reporting including prepayments, accruals and journals
- Management of restricted funds processing and reporting.
- Debtor/Creditor Ledger Review and reconciliations
- Stock/Asset Management
- Balance sheet - reconciliation
- Finance quality system review – process and procedures
- Funding reviews and reporting
- Other finance / admin tasks as required
Essential Skills and Background
- Accountant Technician or Part / Newly Qualified Accountant
- Experience of working in a Finance Environment for a minimum of 2 years.
- Knowledge of Sage Cloud an advantage
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to drive process and procedure improvements.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission is essential.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- Understanding of the not for profit sector would be beneficial.
- The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding
- We work a minimum 35-hour work-week in a good environment
- The position will be remote based initially and then at our Head Office at Olympic House, Pleasants Street, Dublin 8 after Covid-19 workplace restrictions have been lifted
- Remote Induction and training will be carried out on commencement in role.
- The salary will be dependent on skills and experience and there are 24 days’ annual leave.
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about working with ALONE, the role and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 21st of April.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.