Dublin Simon Community: Finance Administrator
Role: Finance Administrator
Location: Smithfield, Dublin 7
Responsible to: Finance Manager and Property Finance Accountant
Works with: Finance Team, Fundraising, Service Managers, staff, volunteers, auditors and external service providers.
Core Role Requirements
- Be the Finance representative on the daily opening of the post in conjunction with Fundraising department.
- Complete the lodgement of all Fundraising and other monies received and to ensure its swift transfer to the bank
- Maintaining copies of batch reports provided by fundraising department on a daily basis and tying these into income received from bank accounts.
- Entering of Finance lodgement batch numbers into the Finance bank reconciliation
- Maintaining the Coin Income Records
- Complete ordering and checking of all new mobile phones required whilst maintaining the device log. Replacing damaged phones and keeping accurate records of the same.
- Working with accounts payable to ensure accurate allocation of mobile phone costs to correct services and monitoring of bills and liaising with managers where amounts go beyond specified limits.
- Working in close contact with the mobile phone provider to ensure a swift service.
- Administration and reconciliation of the Finance Petty Cash including recording the imprest amounts.
- Weekly reconciliation of services petty cash submissions and provide summary to Finance Accounts Assistant for processing.
- Validation of SMT credit card receipts against credit card statements for completeness to prepare for processing.
- Review of staff expense claim forms for completeness before processing by Finance Officer.
- Responsibility for updating the staff mileage log.
- Scanning of invoices and expense claims.
- Filing of physical and digital files.
- Responsible for taking minutes at finance function team meetings.
- Provide support to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Work with Finance and Property Finance Managers to update all Finance and Property finance policies and process documents.
- Admin support for Head of Finance including reports, arrange meetings, minutes, contract management, arranging board papers and SMT papers.
- Support Head of Finance and Finance team with Proposals and Tenders
- Answering of phone calls for finance department.
- Support the Finance Manager and Property Finance Accountant on Ad hoc finance related requests
Requirements of all Dublin Simon staff
- Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations
- To participate in regular supervision with your line manager
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice with your area of work and within Dublin Simon as a whole
- To report any area of concern to your line manager in a timely manner
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the work. Work during unsocial hours may be required.
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- Participate in and engage with a performance management programme.
- Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time
- To undertake your work in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Note: This Job Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the work.
- Highly organised, proactive and self motivated person who also performs well as part of a team.
- Good numerical and IT skills are essential, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with a logical approach to problem solving.
- A willingness to trouble shoot
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to develop/sustain relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree, Diploma or other qualifications in a finance or business related field would be advantageous but not essential.
- Strong Microsoft proficiency especially Excel skills are essential.
- Experience in any accounting software would be an advantage.
- Two year’s experience in an office working environment is preferred.
Application due date: 18/04/2021
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800