Dublin 12 Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force: Recovery Officer
Service: Dublin 12 Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force.
Job Title: Recovery Officer.
Reports To: Recovery and Wellbeing Sub Group. The day to day work will be directed by the Task Force Coordinator.
Hours: 37 hours (some evening work required)
Base: Dublin 12, home working and blended approach as needed.
Salary Range: €43,633 - €45,020 – €46,409 – €47,798 – €49,185 – LSI 1 € 50,794 – LSI 2 €52,401 Incremental scale.
Purpose of Job:
Dublin 12 Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force was set up as a model of community led, interagency partnerships to support the reduction of drug-related harms to individuals, families and communities by working in partnership with key stakeholders in the community, voluntary and statutory sectors on the coordination and delivery of services.
The role of the Recovery Officer is to support the development and implementation of the D12LDATF Strategic Plan 2021 - 2025 in collaboration with key stakeholders in the community, voluntary and statutory sector in order to meet its objectives. The main priority of the Recovery Officer is to build on Recovery capital and culture in D12.
It is expected in the normal course of events that the role will evolve as professional and service demands change.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the development and implementation of the D12LDATF local strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders in the community, voluntary and statutory sector.
- To build on and increase recovery capital and recovery culture in Dublin 12.
- To support locally based community, voluntary and statutory organisations to develop and implement evidence based treatment and recovery programmes targeted at those most risk of substance misuse.
- Support locally based organizations in the community, voluntary and statutory sector to respond to the needs of those affected by substance misuse through the provision of training on best practice approaches to substance misuse.
- To work with community, voluntary and statutory agencies to implement the National Drugs Rehabilitation Framework and increase collaboration and improve case management and interagency working.
- To identify gaps and blocks and develop appropriate responses to substance misuse with the promotion of harm reduction, improvement of quality of life and recovery options.
- To support locally based organisations to develop and implement appropriate substance misuse policies and procedures and to maintain the priorities of the national strategy such as, alcohol, family support and community detox.
- To support and build the capacity of drug users to influence policy and engage in lobbying, advocacy and representation activity.
- To support the wider work of Dublin 12 Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force.
- To build on the Recovery Community in D12 and support this. Increase its awareness and ensure that there are easy pathways into the recovery community.
- Represent the Task Force at public event and engagements with various stakeholders and government departments. The role would require public speaking from time to time as directed by the coordinator.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time as directed by the coordinator.
Person Specification Essential Criteria
- Minimum of a level 7 diploma in Community Drugs Work, Addiction Studies, Community Development or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years paid experience in addiction / community work / community development settings.
- Have a thorough knowledge of drug related issues and their effect and influence on individuals, families and communities.
- Knowledge and understanding of theory in evidence based practice in the field of treatment & rehabilitation.
- Knowledge and understanding of National Drugs policy including Reducing Harm, Supporting Recovery: A health led response to drug & alcohol use in Ireland 2017 – 2025 and
- Knowledge and understanding of National Drugs Rehabilitation Framework and National Protocols and Assessment Guidelines.
- Good knowledge and experience of case management and interagency collaboration.
- Have experience of high quality inter-agency work, involving community, voluntary and statutory agencies.
- Understanding of community, voluntary and statutory services including services for under 18’s.
- Experience in facilitating training, development and workshops with various groups.
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including IT skills. These skills should assist in day to day work, including arranging, hosting online meetings and organising on-line webinars.
- Social Media proficiency – The role will include the management of online platforms, beyond posting. The candidate should have advanced social media management capability.
- He/she must have administration capacity to discharge the functions of the post.
- He/she must be personally motivated and have the ability to work on their own initiative
- Access to own transport, and full clean driving licence if required.
- Experience in strategic and operational planning.
- Experience in research/evaluation would be an advantage.
- Train the Trainer Qualification.
- Experience in site coordinator or experienced facilitator on the strengthening families programme.
Tenure: This appointment is a whole time permanent position (subject to funding). 12 month probationary period will apply.
Annual Leave: 28 days annually
All CVs with attached cover letter outlining relevant experience to be sent to:
or post to
Dublin 12 Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force
Bridge House, Cherry Orchard Hospital.
Closing Date: 20th April 2021 @ 12.00am