South Dublin County Partnership: Social Enterprise Project Leader
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Project Leader (6-month specific purpose contract)
South Dublin County Partnership is an independent local development company. Its mission is to address disadvantage, social exclusion and inequality through a range of innovative and responsive strategies and actions.
SDCP is now recruiting for: Social Enterprise Project Leader
This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week, at €20 per hour, for a 6-month period, May – October 2021.
The project leader will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of a range of training and mentoring supports to social enterprise organisations in the eastern part of Dublin County and North Wicklow. This project will run from May 2021 to October 2021. The main aim of this programme is to:
- Assist social enterprises to strengthen their operations, to repurpose or diversify their trading income while living and operating in a COVID-19 operating environment.
The Project Leader will report to the Snr manager Enterprise and Employment, South Dublin County Partnership and be responsible for all aspects of project delivery as outlined in the job description.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Liaising and managing relationship with key stakeholders on all aspects of project delivery
- Working with both start-up and existing local social enterprises in the areas to establish and clarify their training and mentoring needs
- Identifying and contracting with suitable trainers and mentors to service the needs identified
- Recruiting participants for both training and mentoring service provision over the project period
- Arranging all logistical aspects of the project including the use of training platforms, networking sessions, and end of project networking event. (Government restrictions provided)
- Liaise with contracted individuals to create a digital record of the programme for future learning and PR purposes
- Liaising with contracted individuals to carry out a comprehensive evaluation of the programme
- Administration duties including upkeep of all reporting systems
- Preparing reports and records for funders and reporting to the Project Oversight Committee on a regular basis.
Key requirements for the role:
- Significant prior experience / knowledge of social enterprise / third sector development
- A relevant qualification in training and/or business development
- An ability to operate the required reporting systems
- A good working knowledge of finances and financial management
- Ability to manage relationships and a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, including report writing, presentation and IT skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to challenging targets
- Understanding of issues and barriers that face social enterprises working in disadvantaged areas or with disadvantage target groups.
Applications marked Social Enterprise Project Leader
Three copies of CV and application letter to be sent to
Administration & Operations Department
South Dublin County Partnership
Unit D1, Nangor Road Business Park
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject box to be marked Social Enterprise Project Leader
Please include a cover letter (1 page max.) outlining your relevant experience / suitability for this position along with an up-to-date CV (no more than 2 pages), including details of referees. Please note that referees will not be contacted without prior permission.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 4.00 p.m. Tuesday 4th May 2021.
Please note that:
- South Dublin County Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- No late applications will be accepted, and canvassing will lead to disqualification
- Any offer will be subject to satisfactory references
- This position requires a full clean driving licence and access to own transport