South Dublin County Partnership: Community Employment Supervisor (Maternity Cover)
Community Employment (CE) Supervisor
Job Vacancy – Maternity Cover
South Dublin County Partnership
South Dublin County Partnership (SDC Partnership) is a Local Development Company primarily funded by the Irish Government to bring together local communities and state agencies to tackle the problems of unemployment and social exclusion. We develop projects and services to support sustainable and vibrant communities where people can realise their potential and experience a high quality of life. The focus of our activities is on areas where people experience disadvantage and our programmes of work are organised across key thematic areas: Community Development, Enterprise and Employment, Lifelong Learning, Children & Families and Health and Well Being.
SDC Partnership is programme sponsor for 3 Community Employment (CE) schemes within South Dublin County under contract for The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP). The role of SDC Partnership as programme sponsor is to provide a meaningful work experience programme and an individually tailored training plan for each CE programme participant. South Dublin County Partnership is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Community Employment (CE) Supervisor.
About the role:
Job Purpose: To ensure the effective, efficient management and co-ordination of the human and material resources of the CE Scheme. A core aspect of the role is to support and coach CE participants towards gaining the skills and competencies in preparation for employment.
Reporting to: The Senior Manager, Enterprise and Employment
- Recruit and manage an agreed case load of CE participants
- Ensure work experience placements on scheme are in line with CE guidelines
- Ensure all programme files are maintained to a high standard and in compliance with funder and data protection regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with external agencies and key stakeholders across the community to support the delivery of the CE programme
- Work in collaboration with SDC Partnership’s Health and Safety Officer on issues that arise
- Work closely with the finance department within SDC Partnership in relation to CE programme expenditure budgets
Training & Development
- Carry out an identification of learner needs with each participant on the scheme as part of the Individual learner plan process
- Source and co-ordinate cost effective training and development opportunities in line with DEASP procurement guidelines
- Prepare an Individual Learning Plan for each Participant for submission to DEASP in accordance with CE procedures
- Ensure access to recognised qualifications for participants, with a focus on the achievement of relevant qualifications including QQI Major Awards or industry related equivalent
- Maintain and update training records for each participant on the project as part of their Individual Learner Plans
- Monitor and review training inputs with the programme participants
- Plan and organise work placements – internal and external as required
- Report on ILP developments to SDC Partnership Senior Management
- Co-ordinate the recruitment of CE applicants per the CE recruitment and referral process issued by DEASP
- Plan and co-ordinate the approved work schedules and ensure contracts of employment are in place for all participants
- Communicate effectively with all participants on the scheme using formal and informal 'one-to-one' meetings
- Develop a mutual understanding with participants in relation to their needs for re-entry into employment where the participant had been long-term unemployed and needs to develop a clear progression pathway
- Deal with all disciplinary matters in relation to participants in accordance with DEASP CE procedures
- Develop an exit plan with each programme participant
- Liaise with employers to promote progression into employment following completion of CE
- Follow-up and report on participants for up to 4 months upon exit from CE.
- Manage staff resources as required
- Engage in training and development as detailed in the CE Procedures Manual
Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure the CE scheme is compliant with prescribed programme monitoring requirements as detailed in CE operating procedures
- Ensure compliance with HR legislation and that all employment policies and procedures are adhered to
- Conduct ongoing programme monitoring and evaluation including regular internal programme audits as well as contribute to a practice of continual improvement within your area of work
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Knowledge of Post - Have a solid understanding of the role of the Community Employment Supervisor as it pertains to project management and programme delivery to long-term unemployed and vulnerable adults. Display responsibility, commitment, and motivation to implement the objectives of the Community Employment Programme.
- Work Experience - Previous supervisory and people management experience relevant to the post as well as experience in programme administration, project management and/or training.
- Interpersonal Skills - Effective communication skills. Competent report writing skills. Experience of working with vulnerable individuals and long term unemployed. Capable of directing, motivating, coaching, and mentoring programme participants.
- Team working – Proven ability as a team player who enjoys being part of the team, supporting and leading as needed, sharing information and expertise, building relationships, and working collaboratively within immediate team and across a wider organisation.
- Qualifications – Relevant qualification at QQI level 6 or above
Please note: Applicants must have a full clean driver’s licence and access to own vehicle.
Applications by post only
Please send three copies of your CV and cover letter, together with the names of two referees to:
Administration & Operation Department, South Dublin County Partnership,
Nangor Road Business Park,
Nangor Road, Dublin 12.
Please mark application private and confidential CE Supervisor Post
No individual correspondence will be entered into.
Closing date: 5.00 pm 14th May 2021.
Garda Vetting maybe required for this position.
South Dublin County Partnership manages CE schemes under contract for The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP)
South Dublin County Partnership is an equal opportunities employer